Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
71 of 135

re: "what should I do further?"

Read the previous posts in this thread.

Highlighted
Raza S Member Since: May 9, 2020
72 of 135

I'm going through the same thing right now. We might have the same guy.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Highlighted
Troy W Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
73 of 135

This just happened to me. A "**Edited for community guidelines**" asked for a LinkedIn connection asking if I was interested in PT or FT remote web development work. As soon as we connected, he wanted to know if I was interested in making money for almost no effort. (alarm bells). He wanted to use my Upwork account because his was blocked by a client. Uh, no.

**Edited for community guidelines**

I reported this account as a scammer to LinkedIn.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
74 of 135

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Troy. We'll share this with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Tim C Member Since: Sep 25, 2019
75 of 135

I havent even fully had my Upwork profile approved - nad have had two approaches by people on freelancer to pay me a monthly retainer to use my account to win work... im assuming this is against TOS.

hope this doesnt get my account banned - any tips on what should do next with these new "friends" ?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
76 of 135

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, Tim. 

You can send me a private message with more information about the messages your received so that I can look into this further, and report it to the team. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
John S Member Since: Sep 29, 2019
77 of 135

Yes got allready 2 requests for the same thing.

At first i was under the impression that they where hackers.

Thank god if they are just scammers never give any of your info out guys.

Thanks for this post.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
78 of 135

It's good to know that you recognized it as a red flag, John. You can send the profiles, and some screen grabs of the messages you received to me through a private message, and I will look into this further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Jacob Ammon A Member Since: Oct 10, 2019
79 of 135

I just wanted to thow in that I received an offer this mornig for 200/month for my Upwork account (which i haven't been on in years) from a message on Fiverr. Not going with it, but apparently they're coming from more places than Freelancer.com

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
80 of 135

Hi Jacob Ammon,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please send me a PM with more information about your report. I'll gladly escalate it to the team for the investigation.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled