🐈
» Forums » Support » Phone Number is already in use
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
connorjcreynolds
Community Member

I have a Upworks account associated with my phone number, however, I lost all the login information for that account. I setup a new account and would like to use my phone number on it but the website won't allow this since the phone is already linked to another account. How can I use my phone number on my new account.

Hi Connor,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1be2e673
Community Member

As the subject line says, I receive an already in use message anytime I try to apply to a job.  Please let me know how I can resolve.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Shem.

Looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assitance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
eleanorrobertson
Community Member

Can't seem to verify my account. Says that my number is being used with another account.

Highland S wrote:

Can't seem to verify my account. Says that my number is being used with another account.

Did you create an Upwork account a long time ago and have it forgotten?
And a curiosity, is Highland a proper name? I find it curious.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
drtfmyers
Community Member

Had one account as client, another with different email as freelancer, can't complete freelance account because phone number is in use. Closed old account but apparently not enough. Please help, have spent way too much time navigating this site and need the process to move along.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Theresa.

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account regardless if the old account is closed. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nyxmediagroup
Community Member

Hi, I'm getting a message that my phone number is already in use.. I sent a message about this a few weeks ago, and don't think I ever got a response. Can someone help...? Thanks

Hi Chloe,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
elizabethdorian
Community Member

Hello when trying to complete my profile I was told my number is already in use?
I’ve never used Upwork before, can someone help me out?
benuncapher
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I have an account from years ago that I have no idea what email is used for it. Can you reset it so that I can use my new account?

benuncapher
Community Member

Hello, I am looking for a moderator to create a ticket for me. I have an account from years ago that I have no idea what email is used for it. Can you reset it so that I can use my new account?

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more information on your old account so I could assist you further?

Thanks

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I sent you a message several hours ago. Just following up. Thanks!

Hi Ben,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Awesome. Anxiously awaiting as it's already been a few days. Thanks!

I have the same issue as Ben U. -- An old account that I have no access to and am unable to open a new account because I can't use the same phone number...

I went to the Get Support feature and sat for awhile but was never able to reach a representative. 

Hi Tylaer,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
d7bcca8e
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I have a new account, but my phone number is the same as the old account. I don't have access to.

Hi Tim,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
nancylopezs
Community Member

I am trying to verify my account, however I am getting an error message saying that my phone number is already in use. 

Hi Nancy,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
32aafab3
Community Member

Thank you,   but I have not received help yet with the phone number in use error

Nancy Hammond

Hi Nancy,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already followed up with you on your support ticket with additional information. Could you please try to access your ticket on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
erikacreates
Community Member

I cannot finish creating my profile because it says my number is already in use but does not offer any solutions. How can I fix this?

Hi Erika,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
circlemountain
Community Member

I'm trying to sign up to freelance, and it says I have an account associated with my phone number, but I've tried every email I have and I can't find out which one so I can delete it or login and correct the original.

Help!

Hi Hannah,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8e66c4d4
Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same issue and would appreciate some help! 🙂 

Hi Taliha,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e356c444
Community Member

hi I was trying to reset my Upwork account and now it is saying I cannot verify because my phone number is already in use.

Hello Miguel,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
iamreginarose
Community Member

I started to create the profile of a new account and when I was prompted to put in my number, it was indicated that another account was already registered to my phone number, yet none of my emails are recognized in the system at the log in screen. What can be done about this?

Hi Regina,

~ Joanne
Upwork
erindanzig
Community Member

Hi there,

To my knowledge, I am working on creating my first Upwork profile, but am unable to get past the phone number verification. I get a notification that my phone number is being used with another account. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Erin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ravenkelley13
Community Member

My phone number says it’s already in use, but I do not remember signing up before. How do I fix this?

Hi Raven,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths