cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number is already in use

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
141 of 149

Hi John,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Wade B Member Since: Jan 13, 2021
142 of 149

I am having the same problem!!!  I am unable to submit a proposal beecause I cannot complete my profile....:-(

Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
143 of 149

Hi Wade,

Could you please clarify what is the issue you're experiencing when trying to complete your profile?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Wade B Member Since: Jan 13, 2021
144 of 149

:-) Still a little new here. I saved my password, so I was immediately
launched into Upwork, but it led me into Create Profile. It asked for me
to enter the phone number **Edited for Community Guidelines** but I got an error message saying
that number was already used under another account. Doesn't make sense
because it recognizes me as Wade so I think I'm already in my account.
Does that make sense?

145 of 149

Hi Wade,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Martin S Member Since: Jan 14, 2021
146 of 149

I am setting up my freelancer account but I get a warning that my phone number is used by another account. I closed the account that I had with another email address but I'm still getting the warning. Not sure what account uses my number and I cant complete my profile without it.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
147 of 149

Hi Martin, 

I'd like to note a gentle reminder that users are only allowed one Upwork freelancer account, regardless of the old account is closed. Just the same, I'll share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can get in touch with you and assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Shawn M Member Since: Jan 15, 2021
148 of 149

It says my phone number is already in use, but I have had the number for more than a decade, the system didn't recognize my email before starting account creation, and I am unaware of any other accounts I might have. 

How do I resolve this?

149 of 149

Hi Shawn,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS