🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposal submitted, connects adjusted but my ...
Page options
imaiqbal
Community Member

Proposal submitted, connects adjusted but my stats is showing zero application

Hi!

I have received 20 free connects after having an approved account on 12th May 2020. So far, I have submitted 5 proposals and I already have used 16 connects to do so. My profile is clearly showing 5 submitted proposals and 4 available connects.

I am expecting guidance on the following issues:

1. While checking my stats, I have found zero profile view and a clear message stating that I haven't applied to any jobs in the past 90 days. 

2. My profile is 100% complete and the public visibility option is on. But, I didn't find my ID after searching by my full name. It is showing only after searching for my first name.

3. I took the Upwork readiness test and got 5 out of 5 marks. While reading the freelancer manual, I have found a note on page no 11 mentioning " Profiles will not be visible on Upwork until they are completed and verified." But, I found no option to verify my profile." Some youtube video is showing that profile will be verified after completing the first project. So, how am I going to have my first project without having a visible profile?

4. I have submitted proposal for two jobs who have mentioned to refund connects (if not hired) on the job posting. Their job posting is now indicating hires but I am yet to get back my connects.

I really appreciate your patience in responding to all of my queries. I found the community very helpful in sharing knowledge. I believe, there must be a solution for my every query. As a newcomer, I am yet to know it.

Regards 

Ima

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Hi, Ima, welcome to Upwork! It can be a bit opaque to begin with and you have come to the right place for answers.

1. You may have zero profile views if you are new. The metric of how many jobs you applied for probably hasn't updated. I never look at that, so not sure how frequently it updates.

2. I googled your full name and found your Upwork profile immediately.

3. You are visible. Upwork will contact you to verify your identity, possibly more than once. That is routine.

4. Connects are refunded on some job posts if the client hires nobody on UW -- not if they don't hire you. Otherwise, connects are only refunded if the job is taken down for ToS violation or if the client closes it without hiring anyone. In either of those cases, connects are automatically refunded.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Hi, Ima, welcome to Upwork! It can be a bit opaque to begin with and you have come to the right place for answers.

1. You may have zero profile views if you are new. The metric of how many jobs you applied for probably hasn't updated. I never look at that, so not sure how frequently it updates.

2. I googled your full name and found your Upwork profile immediately.

3. You are visible. Upwork will contact you to verify your identity, possibly more than once. That is routine.

4. Connects are refunded on some job posts if the client hires nobody on UW -- not if they don't hire you. Otherwise, connects are only refunded if the job is taken down for ToS violation or if the client closes it without hiring anyone. In either of those cases, connects are automatically refunded.

Hello Phyllis,

Thanks for your comment. I really appreciate your helping tendency.

I have only one point to clear -

In recent days, some of the job postings are available with "refund connect policy". According to Upwork community managers, they are testing it on random job postings. For example, I have applied for 2 jobs using a total of 10 connects under this policy. But, the rest of the job postings didn't have the option.

For better understanding, I will appreciate you to go through the following announcement made by one of the Upwork community managers.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/New-test-to-refund-Connects-on-no-hire-contracts/td-p/...

Take care!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths