🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Proposals. Auto Withdraw \ Notification expir...
Page options
spectralua
Community Member

Proposals. Auto Withdraw \ Notification expired \ etc?

Hi, all.

Have submitted some proposals an see it on list. Today i check this works and find lot of it expired. For example, Work posted 11 days ago. Same day i send propo. Client hired freelancer, pay to him and left rating.

Please explain why my proposal on active list? Maybe Upwork have some checkbox to auto remove propo from expired jobs, or some kind of alert\notify "Job expired"? Unable to find.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykola A wrote:

Robin, this work, which I wrote about, was one-time. The freelancer completed it and in his profile there is a note about the money received (5x more than suggested).

Because the freelancer negotiated a higher rate than the budget. 

Do i understand correctly that in this case, the client did not close the job? Then it is logical that the freelancer could not get the money.

Incorrect.  The job could have been completed, the freelancer paid, but the contract - OPEN.  That means the client did not close the job for reasons I stated above. 
If the client closes the task, then the offers will be removed from the list?

If the client closes the job, you will receive notification that the job is closed.  You will NOT get your connects returned since someone was already hired.  

Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
robin_hyman
Community Member

Mykola A wrote:

Hi, all.

Have submitted some proposals an see it on list. Today i check this works and find lot of it expired. For example, Work posted 11 days ago. Same day i send propo. Client hired freelancer, pay to him and left rating.

Please explain why my proposal on active list? Maybe Upwork have some checkbox to auto remove propo from expired jobs, or some kind of alert\notify "Job expired"? Unable to find.

Some clients hire a freelancer but leave the job open.  Perhaps they want to hire another freelancer at a cheaper rate.  Perhaps they aren't satisfied with the current freelancer's work.  Maybe they don't realize they need to close the job.  Or they are just lazy.

It's up to us freelancers to review each post carefully.  Pay attention to when it was posted, the client's hire rate percentage (do they constantly post without hiring anyone?), read previous freelancer reviews.  

Once you've taken the time to craft a well-written, customized proposal - MOVE ON!

Good luck to you!

Robin, this work, which I wrote about, was one-time. The freelancer completed it and in his profile there is a note about the money received (5x more than suggested).
Do i understand correctly that in this case, the client did not close the job? Then it is logical that the freelancer could not get the money.

Mykola A wrote:

Because the freelancer negotiated a higher rate than the budget. 

Incorrect.  The job could have been completed, the freelancer paid, but the contract - OPEN.  That means the client did not close the job for reasons I stated above. 

If the client closes the job, you will receive notification that the job is closed.  You will NOT get your connects returned since someone was already hired.  

Does that make sense?

Got it. It turns out that i sent 7 offers to lazy clients who do not close deals. It’s just that 100% of my offers remained on the active list, so I asked. The question is settled.

michelle-reyes_f
Community Member

Thanks for the explanation, Robin.  👍

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths