🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Questions about audio recording job for kids....
Page options
e66fc782
Community Member

Questions about audio recording job for kids.....

Hello everyone! I am Kelly as you all can see and it is great to be here. I am new to Upwork and have only done a few projects. I had a client that I had never met message me a job offer about a job for kids ages 4-6 recording their voice for some kind of AI training type thing. Supposedly, the kid was supposed to describe simple photos and read small sentences while being recorded.

First of all, let me just put this out there I am sketchy with things involving my children and am not participating in this. The client has good reviews, verified payment, and said that the contract will be sent through Upwork, but asked for identification of my kid like a birth certificate. That is asking for a lot, especially for a voice clip. There are too many crimes going on against kids these days and I hope people are not releasing their children's documentation to strangers.

I was just wondering if anyone had a similiar experience. I posted a question on the other forum and I felt like a man was passive aggressively rude because I was asking questions, so take it easy on me folks. Discussions help me learn more about what is going on on Upwork. I hope all you fellow newbies are having a great experience!

1 REPLY 1
cca13f63
Community Member

Genuine clients understand your situation. Recently, I got a more significant project (Big IT Company), and they demanded my Passport at first to keep proof of me working on their project because the design and everything were expensive. I understood that, but on the other hand, a Passport can be used internationally. So, I declined, but they still gave me the job.

Instead of sharing your documents, you can ask for the reason. And as for just a voice, I do not think it is necessary.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths