Rethinking the platform

5 REPLIES 5
hartjayden
Community Member

is this site like Fiverr? 

5d835742
Community Member

I'm starting to feel the same way.

I have connected with some clients but it seems like many of them just want you to open accounts, buy products or leave false reviews.

It does look like some people make money here so I'll just treat it like a hobby for now.

7eb37503
Community Member

It's not a scam because I just got paid yesterday. It depends on what you apply for and how you apply for it.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Having been here since Upwork was born, I haven't ever been scammed, by a client or by the platform.  I suggest you read everything posted in Academy (above) about how to write your profile, how to write a good proposal, and most importantly, finding a niche that is suited to your skills.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I've done over 450 jobs here. None of them were "microtasks" - I exercise my free will and don't apply for those types of jobs in the first place - and I've never even come close to being scammed. 

Your profile says that you're a writer, but you have nothing whatsoever in your portfolio. It's pretty difficult to take someone seriously if they say that they're a writer, but it looks like they've never written anything. Do you think that might be the problem, instead of Upwork being "a complete scam"? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths