🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Should I quote a price for an hourly rate job...
Page options
db036446
Community Member

Should I quote a price for an hourly rate job that is fixed project?

Hi there, newbie here. If I am submitting a proposal for something simple for eg "video editing to polish clients video" and it is quoted as an hourly rate job should I inlcude, in the proposal, how long I think it will take for me to do that job? Some jobs state that they want you to estimate the time but others seem open ended. Not sure which is the correct way forward. Thanks for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
luce-neidert
Community Member

Hi Iain,

When I quote for an hourly job, I do give an estimation of how long it will take as most clients like to have an idea of how much they will be spending. Also, when they prepare your hourly contract, they have the possibility of saying what the maximum number of hours per week the contract is for, so that information helps them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
luce-neidert
Community Member

Hi Iain,

When I quote for an hourly job, I do give an estimation of how long it will take as most clients like to have an idea of how much they will be spending. Also, when they prepare your hourly contract, they have the possibility of saying what the maximum number of hours per week the contract is for, so that information helps them.

Hi, thank you so much for your help. What you say makes total sense 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths