🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Should you include your employment histories ...
Page options
96dc6c8d
Community Member

Should you include your employment histories or it is better to overview section to elaborate more?

Should you include your employment histories(especially if there are gaps in employment) or it is better to overview section to elaborate more?

I'm not sure what is the best method and how it affects me on upwork.

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Linda,

You can add your past work experiences under the Employment History page. In your overview section, you can elaborate on the skills and experiences you have. You might want to read this help article for tips on how you can update your profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You should include your employment history if it relates to the kind of work that you're applying for here (however loosely); there's no need to include every single job you've had. But I wouldn't worry about any gaps, since I think that most people won't trouble themselves to read the dates and speculate on what you might have been doing in between jobs. (A prospective full-time employer might be interested in that, but a freelance client won't care.) Trying to explain yourself in your overview might come off sounding defensive; your overview should be all about selling yourself to the client, not drawing attention to any weaknesses.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths