🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Some questions
Page options
014c38a8
Community Member

Some questions

I joined upwork weeks ago and I have yet to get one assignment.

1) I joined upwork with zero experience with typing, meaning that I know how to type, but I have never worked and been paid for typing. I have applied to multiple job offers and have yet to get one hit. Two job offers are now archived. One was a fake and was deleted.

2) I'm running low on connects. Can I get some more for free without paying for them?

I know that there are a lot of other people doing what I'm doing, but I don't know how many other people are in the same boat as me.

My big question is how long does it take to get a hit on a job offer if you have no experience with online typling, but know how to type.

3 REPLIES 3
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Sorry man, but the odds of you getting a legit typing job here are incredibly slim.

759e32fa

Hi Justin,

Welcome to Upwork!  Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. You may also check out Mike's thread to get more helpful tips.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

If the only skill you are bringing is the ability to type then you would be better off looking for work in your local, non-online community.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths