Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting proposals

keta_48
Alketa H Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
1 of 11

Hi everyone, 

I am new here and I have applied to 10 job proposals so far but I have not received any response from any of them. I just wanted to ask: How many proposals did you send before getting your first job here? Anyone who wants to share their first time experience with Upwork? I am feeling a bit demotivated, I wish I could know why people are not responding to my proposals... Smiley Happy

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11
keta_48
3 of 11

That's an interesting graph. Maybe this is the case. Thank you Smiley Happy))) 

ashishjunejahr
Ashish J Member Since: Oct 5, 2020
4 of 11

Great explanation in terms of economics. Liked it. 

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
5 of 11

• Tonya P wrote:

Supply and Demand.png

That doesn't strictly make sense. You're saying that Alketa is in a place of high supply and high price! In reality markets tend to be roughly at the equilibrium position, where supply equals demand, i.e. where the dotted line is. The graphs represent the total market supply and demand as a function of price, and it doesn't make sense to locate an individual at any particular point.

Economics !ecture over. Thank you for listening.

sjbennett77
Steve B Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
6 of 11

Also as a newbie I can say that its about 10% hit rate for me. 30 Proposals got me 3 candidancies. Not to mention 2 of the 3 took over a week to get a responce from the client. 10% seems to be the norm and acceptable.

Good luck

keta_48
7 of 11

Really? Ok, it's not just about me then Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the honest feedback, I really appreciate it . I wish you good luck too! 

loretomiguel
Miguel L Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
8 of 11

Hi Alketa,

when I was beginning in Upwork I had to send more than 60 proposals before get hired by a client, so you shouldn't be demotivated,you only need to have more patience  

keta_48
9 of 11

Thank you very much, Miguel. I didn't know it needed such commitment. Thank you, thank you a lot! 

zkivanova
Zlatina G Member Since: Oct 5, 2017
10 of 11
Upwork requires a lot of commitment, this is actual work. Remember that there are hundreds of freelancers that apply for the same job as you and most likely most of them already have some experience which is great advantage.