🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The unpleasant situation with a client
Page options
b4abe2a0
Community Member

The unpleasant situation with a client

Good afternoon! I have an unpleasant situation and I will be very grateful if you can help me. I am a newbie on Upwork. I've learned all rules, filled out the profile, and quickly and honestly fulfilled orders for a month and all customers were satisfied. But this Wednesday, I offered to do work for the client for $10. He wrote that he was ready to give me a job, but for $8. I agreed. Then the client sent me an offer for $10, I couldn't change the price and accepted the offer. I quickly completed the work and made all the edits. The client thanked me and everything was fine. But then I saw that he gave me a low mark. I asked him what he didn’t like and if I could do something to get a higher score since I’m a newbie on Upwork and it's very important to me. He didn't answer. Then I thought that he did not like the fact that the offer was for $10 and I returned the money to him. I also wrote to him about it, but he still doesn't answer. The negative review was removed from my profile after a refund. But today I got JSS and it is 76%. This is a very low rating considering that 5 of my previous works were completed with 5 stars. Maybe I got an unscrupulous client and I don't want anyone else to have problems. Also, this client blocked me and I can't send a report. I would like to correct the situation and I hope that you will help me. 

1 REPLY 1
luqman_mak
Community Member

You do not have to be that afraid of impefect reviews. You cant please everyone. 
The client themselves filled in the 10 usd price not you, so dont beat yourself up for it.
next time, dont refund simply because they give you a low mark - if your work is good and is what you agreed on doing

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths