🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tips for handling a fixed price contract with...
Page options
00221a29
Community Member

Tips for handling a fixed price contract with no milestone

Hello,

I've joined Upwork few weeks back & till now I've only completed fixed price projects that are divided into milestones & submitted work by clicking the submit work for payment button. Currently I am on a fixed price contract with no milestones and the project is funded as a whole. The project is basically designing 7 images & the client wants to see draft for each image one by one. If I send him the draft designs one by one by the Upwork message box & he ends the contract midway, will I get paid? As I can't click the submit work for payment button without designing all 7 images, how should I handle this contract? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Yes, if you send draft images via the message box then you run the risk of not getting paid. The client should really set up a milestone for each image, if he wants to see them one by one. If the single milestone if funded for the complete price then you can request payment for 1/7 of the amount each time you submit an image. But that's not the way the fixed-price contract is meant to work. If the client resists setting up individual milestones, he may be intending to cheat you by getting all the images without paying or paying only part of what you agreed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Yes, if you send draft images via the message box then you run the risk of not getting paid. The client should really set up a milestone for each image, if he wants to see them one by one. If the single milestone if funded for the complete price then you can request payment for 1/7 of the amount each time you submit an image. But that's not the way the fixed-price contract is meant to work. If the client resists setting up individual milestones, he may be intending to cheat you by getting all the images without paying or paying only part of what you agreed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths