🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Trying to enter education
Page options
j_wallace_jr
Community Member

Trying to enter education

This is a pretty frustrating start. I am attempting to enter in my profile data. I have managed to get as far as education, when I hit a snag and cannot seem to find an answer. When entering my education (high school) In the degree box, I type in high and get the option high school degree.  Great, I clicked it, and get an error message in red. "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list." Which is exactly what I did.  It will not save.  The help section suggested using other, which I also tried, with exactly the same results. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Now, I tried to submit this for an answer and am told it had invalid HTML.  It would have to be invalid, because I have never written HTML code in my life.

Jesse

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jesse,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete your application? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Cleared the cache, updated, and tried three different broswers. No joy.

Did an obvious work-around.. the degree is optional, so I merely included it in the notes below. Thank you.

Hi Jesse,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with completing your application and submitting it for the review. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am experiencing the same issue, will one of your agents please help me?

I found that if you leave the degree blank, you can manually enter it in
the details section. (The actual spot is not REQUIRED information.)

Jesse

Hi Patrick,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

The problem persists between browsers, computers, and mobile. I receive the error "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list." despite having selected one of the options from the list.

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists, Patrick.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your application form.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Again... if you are having a problem with it accepting your degree/diploma
level, LEAVE it BLANK. You can enter the information in below in a fillable
form spot.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths