🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Two accounts email change
Page options
sajibmahmud99
Community Member

Two accounts email change

my mother had an account on upwork with my email address coz she didnt have one. she never worked on that account. Now as my mother never worked, told her to close her account and changed her email address to my account. will that be a problem ? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is not acceptable for you to share an email address with anybody on Upwork.

It is not acceptable for you and any other person to share an Upwork account. You must never log into another person's Upwork account. You must never allow anybody else to log into your account.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is not acceptable for you to share an email address with anybody on Upwork.

It is not acceptable for you and any other person to share an Upwork account. You must never log into another person's Upwork account. You must never allow anybody else to log into your account.

I did not know that much that time, now I am totally secure and only I am using my account. Please tell me what to do

Will this be a problem? Yes.

My advice to you is to get a new email address. Change YOUR Upwork email address to this new email address. Stop using the old email address that you and your mother shared (!!).

Also: Change your Upwork password so that nobody has it. Never give that password to anybody, including your parents. Do this even if you think they don't know your password.

okay ! thanks to you 🙂

I will change those and I hope there won't be another problem 

Hi Sajib,

It looks like your mother's account has already been closed. We'll unlink the email address from that account. Before you proceed, please update your profile with a photo of you and make sure to add more information about your skills and experience to your profile overview and other sections.

Check out this video for more tips.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello, can you please help me to change the email to my current account. I have opened an account here on upwork about a year ago and I forgot the email I opened it with, so I tried to set up a new account with my other email. In the meantime, I have remembered the email I set up the first account with, but I saw that I have lost a few job proposals from clients because I don't check that email. I wanted to change my email to that other one I am using but the system won't let me cause it is connected to that other account that I opened and closed immediately. Can you please help me with that?

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miljan,

Note that you won't be able to use an email address already associated with another Upwork account and do need to close the duplicate account as soon as possible, since users are allowed to create and use only one account on Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
kinhal
Community Member

Hi,

I had an account as freelancer and closed it two years ago. I had to use another email, as the previous email was considered in use. But I do need to add it for payment through paypal. I keep getting the message 'Email in use'. Can you help?

Kind regards,

Vijayalaxmi Kinhal

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vijayalaxmi,

Unfortunately you will not be able to use an email address that is associated with another account. Keep in mind that having more than one account is a violation on our TOS as well, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I thought I had closed the older account, so why is the email active. On the other hand if that account is still considered vaild is it then possible to reactive the old account?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Vijayalaxmi

Hi Vijayalaxmi,

We can re-open your previous account and close your new account if you'd like, or you can add the email address associated with your current Upwork account, to your Paypal, however we cannot release the email address previously associated with an Upwork account to be used on another account. Let us know if you would like to resume your previous account and close your current one and we'll have an agent reach out to you to help.

~Nina

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply and clarification.

Yes, I would like to resume my old account and close this current one. I would appreciate your help in this matter.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Vijayalaxmi

Hi Vijayalaxmi,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly to assist with this request.

~Nina
nswekosk
Community Member

Hello,

I accidentally closed my account this weekend that uses my Gmail address. I couldn't figure out how to reopen the account, so I created a new one using my Yahoo address. Now I want to change my existing account from using the Yahoo address to my original Gmail address but I receive an error. Please let me know the best way to resolve this issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nick,

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account regardless if the old account is closed. Could you please send me a PM with the email address of the account you've closed? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths