🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork acting weird...
Page options
bd4ccdd0
Community Member

Upwork acting weird...

Hi, i opened this account in 2021 in hope to earn some money as a freelancer but i quit shortly after that. 2 years later, i had a plan to give my all to become a top freelancer on Upwork but i noticed some strange things. I sent like 15-20 contracts and no one answered to them but few looked at my message and ignored. I really wanted this to work so i bought $9 of connects and i sent even more contracts but nothing. I even created my first project but it got 0 views. What is happening?? Is it possible that Upwork shadow banned me because of my inactivity through 2021-2023 or it was something else? Any help would be welcome, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
tgcodes
Community Member

I too have noticed this issue and I have been wondering what might possibly be the problem.

My assumption is that Upwork might be making more money from connects that they don't seem to bother with running ads on other platforms to invite clients to use theirs. I might be wrong though 

bd4ccdd0
Community Member

I mean its basically pay 2 win platform. The more connects you buy the better chances you get. Upwork has to change their long term strategy.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths