🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What is an activity tag and how do I add it t...
Page options
george_t321
Community Member

What is an activity tag and how do I add it to a time segment?

Question about “Log Time with the Desktop App” article in help section

“Each time segment you work can have both a memo and an activity tag. In order to qualify for the Upwork Hourly Protection, you need to make sure that all your time is accurately described”

In the desktop app I see a box to “add memo” but am I supposed to also add an “activity tag”, and if yes, what is an activity tag and how do I add it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hfspeegle
Community Member

Hi George, 

The memo is the activity tag. Just be sure to write something descriptive there like "writing outline for article on puppy dog tails" or "designing custom logo per client request." Be sure to enter a new memo when you move on to another task for the client.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hfspeegle
Community Member

Hi George, 

The memo is the activity tag. Just be sure to write something descriptive there like "writing outline for article on puppy dog tails" or "designing custom logo per client request." Be sure to enter a new memo when you move on to another task for the client.

Thank you , Heath! 

I believe that some clients require an activity code in addition to the memo.  If you are working for such a client, you will be provided with the codes to use.

Thanks, Mary. Good to know.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths