🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What should I do if contract ended suddenly ?
Page options
27c48635
Community Member

What should I do if contract ended suddenly ?

I worked for a client for 3 hours . After that my contract got on hold and then closed since it was not in compliance with upwork  . Since the work was done on their mobile app , I couldn't track time automatically (upwork doesn't support this I believe) but only manually . Now the contract is ended . Would I be getting paid for the work I done ? On the other hand they are posting same job again, different person contacted me for the same job . 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anju, 

I just reviewed the contract, and other clients you are referring to. Please refrain from communicating with these clients again since this is a scam and a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. I will go ahead and report this to the team so that it can be reviewed further. 

In the meantime, it would be best if you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, and this article for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Anju,

A contract being suspended is different than a contract being ended.

Once a contract has been ended, no more time can be logged on the contract.

If you use manual time, you need to log your time promptly.

If you feel that you were not paid for all of the time that you worked, then you are allowed to ask the client to pay you using the client-side "Send bonus" tool.

But the client is not obligated to pay you more money. Clients may end a contact any time. It is not against any rule to so do.

I recommend that you send a BRIEF note to the client explaining the situation. If the client is honorable, he will pay you for your time. If he is not honorable, he will not pay you.

This is a matter between you and the client. Upwork will not intervene.

The contract got ended because it was closed by Upwork as it was not in compliance with the terms and services.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anju, 

I just reviewed the contract, and other clients you are referring to. Please refrain from communicating with these clients again since this is a scam and a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. I will go ahead and report this to the team so that it can be reviewed further. 

In the meantime, it would be best if you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, and this article for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
27c48635
Community Member

Thank you . They have been posting many jobs , just now I got another invitation from them . Please do the needful. Thanks 

Sorry this happened to you, but not surprising given the number of scams that are able to show up in our feeds.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths