🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Whatsapp
Page options
ryjen1020
Community Member

Whatsapp

Hi everyone! I am new here in Upwork. Just want to ask, is it okey if the client want's to have interview on Whatsapp? the last time that I have interview they want me to pay 10 dollor to proceed my application but I need not continue my application. Now I have another interview on that flatform but I can't proceed because of that scenario. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Mr. Pradeep this is a big help. Now I can't longer find the job that I applied. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PradeepH

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. Please note that sharing or accepting to contact outside of Upwork without a contract is considered a TOS violation. Also, we do not encourage freelancers to make any payment to the clients to process applications or get hired. Please flag this job posting as inappropriate. This will make it possible for our Marketplace Quality Team to investigate the post for terms of service violations. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Pradeep H wrote:

Also, we do encourage freelancers to make any payment to the client to process applications or get hired. 

You may want to rephrase that...

Jennifer:

1) No, it is not ok to communicate with any client outside of Upwork before you are hired. It is strictly forbidden

2) NEVER pay a client. This is ALWAYS a scam.

Thank you Mr. Pradeep this is a big help. Now I can't longer find the job that I applied. 

I received message too saying to get in touch with their project manager in whatsapp..when i saw this i was to flag it but the message was gone.

re: "I received message too saying to get in touch with their project manager in whatsapp..when i saw this i was to flag it but the message was gone."

The scammer deleted the message himself.

Thanks for trying to flag the message. Now you can not flag it. Don't worry about it.

The important thing is you know this is a scammer and you stopped communicating with him.

Hi Mechelie

If you recieved that kind of message, don't reply them for your safety.

You may report it to Upwork and flag it for their reviews.

ryjen1020
Community Member

Thank you Ms. Petra 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths