🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » When is Upwork going to hide jobs when someon...
Page options
91ef1f7c
Community Member

When is Upwork going to hide jobs when someone has already been hired?

I've heard the excuse "some freelancers need to hire more than one person". Fine. Add a button/option for the # of workers needed and hide the job when that # has been reached.

Or leave the job up but refund any connects if no one else is hired. There are a lot of ways to fix this but I feel like they have zero motivation to do so. For obvious reasons. 

Can anyone else explain why we still have to sift through these jobs? Certainly feels like a money grab -- and I'm shareholder. Plenty of other ways to generate revenue. 

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for your feedback. I'll be sure to share this with the team for review and consideration. We also like to let you know that we do request clients to update their job posts once they hire a freelancer already or if in case they decide to complete their project a different way. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tom K wrote:

I've heard the excuse "some freelancers need to hire more than one person". Fine. Add a button/option for the # of workers needed and hide the job when that # has been reached.

Or leave the job up but refund any connects if no one else is hired. There are a lot of ways to fix this but I feel like they have zero motivation to do so. For obvious reasons. 

Can anyone else explain why we still have to sift through these jobs? Certainly feels like a money grab -- and I'm shareholder. Plenty of other ways to generate revenue. 

I don't know how upwork earns money if the client keeps a job posting open. Most freelancers will check if somebody has already been hired and decide not to apply. 

The client can close the jobs posting if they hired somebody, or leave it open. Upwork closes it after 30 days of inactivity. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths