🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Will I get paid if the client didn't close th...
Page options
0b5603c7
Community Member

Will I get paid if the client didn't close the contract when job is done?

Hi,

Will I get paid if the client didn't close the contract when the job is done?

I have done the research in the forum however I didn't find the good answer.

I am new to upwork, and I completed my first project , a fixed-contract.  

The contract was created on 15 JAN, and I completed the project on 19 JAN, I communicated with my client in the message box including uploading the files the client needed.

The client was messaging me many times before 19 JAN, however after I sent out the final file she needed, I asked if everything is okay and if she will close the contract.

she didn't reply me at all.

I thought the client should close the contract so I can get paid?

The client didn't do anything and didn't reply me any message after I completed the work .( she was messaging me many times and asked me to send her the files she need as soon as possible, it was like she was online 24hours)

I am worried if this is a scam?

I can see the money stay in the escrow stage.

Please can someone help me?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
rekasesh
Community Member

Was  money showing as funded? There are two columns namely milestone amount and milestone funded with money.

If you or the client close the contract, the escrow money will go back to her. 

Ask her to release the milestone or use the submit button to get the money auto released after 14 days. The client can choose to release it earlier or decline it as well.

Go and click submit work for pay with a message that client release payment if she doesn't need anything else. You don't have to attach files again. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Fen,

On a fixed Project you get automatically paid in 14 days if the Client doesn't ask for a revision.

melroen
Community Member

Did you submit your work by the green submit milestone button on the active contract page?

That starts the clock running. The client has 14 days to either ask for revisions or approve and release payment in escrow to you.

If he does neither after 14 days, the milestone payment is automatically released to you. Provided the milestone was funded in escrow for your contract.

You don't submit work for payment by messages.

0b5603c7
Community Member

Thank you Rekha, William and Melissa for your reply.

The client finlly approved the milestone (without any message), however it looks like upwork will release the payment after 5 days.

below is the information for reference.

Payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability.

Yes, it's their standard security period on all fixed projects.

melroen
Community Member

That's great news. So pleased it worked out for you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths