🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Wrong skills list showing up under writing?
Page options
skyblue00
Community Member

Wrong skills list showing up under writing?

Hello,

I just signed up for Upwork to offer simple editing and proofreading. However, while submitting an application, the system is requiring me to select from skills that are more suitable under web-development. I'm choosing "Writing," but it seems that any category I choose only offers me skills such as "Oracle Primavera, vCita, Excel VBA, Oracle Hyperion Planning, IBM Rational Rose, etc..."

The system won't let me submit without choosing from the supplied list of skills, but I don't want to just randomly choose something to continue. Any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Jay,

Please continue in completing your Upwork profile. Be specific on the skills that you will add as writing is quite generic. Focus on the skills that are most important and most relevant to your category. Please check this helpful article on Enhancing your Upwork Profile.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thanks for the reply. What I am describing seems to be a website error. It's listing skills that are not under the "writing" category, and it won't let me continue without choosing one of those skills. Should I simply choose something and move on in order to edit later? I want to be accurate in my application.

Thanks

Hi Jay,

Yes you can add skills relevant to your category and edit at a later time under Find Work> Profile, scroll down and edit under Skills.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Jo-An,

Thank you for your reply. However, per the attached JPG from my original post, the system is not displaying skills relevant to the category that I chose. There are no skills shown pertaining to writing, but it won't let me continue without choosing one of the skills. I believe that this is a techinical issue with the site, but when I went to report it, I was directed to this forum.

Since the page states, "Not all applications are approved, so take time to fill out the following info accurately." Should I still select something that does not pertain to my skills to simply get beyond this page?

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths