🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » new address
Page options
b7d82bf4
Community Member

new address

Hey Uppers, 

I need some help. I moved from EU to South Amercia for 3-4 months. 

Is it ok to change my address information and time zone in my profile? Is it mandatory or it is an option? I've tried but I don't wanna mess up my profile. At the and of the modification before I save I got a notification that said: The address modification may impact my tax. 

In my case, my business didn't change and it is in the EU. I am just staying Latam for a while and working from here. 

Thanks for your help. 

--

"Stay hungry, stay foolish"
3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Zoltan,

In general, if you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. 

For tax purposes, it’s important that you use your real, permanent address. Also, when using Upwork, you should be logged in from the country listed on your account. You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
b7d82bf4
Community Member

Thanks for your help Nikola, 

I need some clarification.

Is there a specific maximum number of days or month which is works like a deadline? I mean after that deadline I have to switch my address. In my case, my business and my address and my tax number stay in my home country, but I am traveling right now. So I will be away from my home country for a while, but any of my data won't change. When I am traveling can/need I use VPN to login and use Upwork? 

thank you for your help. 

--

"Stay hungry, stay foolish"

Hi Zoltan,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. I've reached out to the appropriate team and shared your query. I'll keep this thread posted whenever I received an update from them. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. 

Regarding using VPN, I can confirm that it's not a violation of Upwork's TOS. However, be advised that if there are inconsistencies with your IP address, your account may be flagged to prevent unauthorized access to your account. 

**Edited to Update Information**

We received a response from the team and they confirmed that there isn't a timeline for temporary relocation for you to necessarily update your address. The team would ask you to update your addresses when you have a change of tax residency. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths