🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » return connects for withdrawing my proposal
Page options
6ed53c30
Community Member

return connects for withdrawing my proposal

The client was asking me to take work outside of upwork and hence I withdrew my proposal. As I am new, I didn't know that this would not return my connects. I feel like I am being punished for following the right ethics and code of conduct. I would greatly appreciate if you can return my connects so I can land my first job here.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Aditi,

Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can look into this for you? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

Hello Aditi,

It is a violation of Upwork ToS, and If you have connected on Upwork, all payments and contracts must be through Upwork (for at least two years, as per my knowledge) or you will be kicked off the platform.

And 'connects' have nothing to do with working here or outside, but once you withdraw the contract, connects never come back. [connects only come back when clients do not hire anyone for the project or that job gets deleted or archived]

Also, since you are new to this platform, be aware of getting scammed by non-genuine clients. Real Clients & Freelancers prefer to stay at Upwork.

Hope this works and you shall take care in the future.

gurjeet k wrote:

Hello Aditi,

It is a violation of Upwork ToS, and If you have connected on Upwork, all payments and contracts must be through Upwork (for at least two years, as per my knowledge) or you will be kicked off the platform.

And 'connects' have nothing to do with working here or outside, but once you withdraw the contract, connects never come back. [connects only come back when clients do not hire anyone for the project or that job gets deleted or archived]

Also, since you are new to this platform, be aware of getting scammed by non-genuine clients. Real Clients & Freelancers prefer to stay at Upwork.

Also, clients often don't know, and it's perfectly fine to tell them and then continue to talk to them about working ON Upwork. I've had clients suggest it, not knowing it's against TOS, and when I explain, they quickly agree that, of course, we must stay on platform then. Perhaps you acted too rashly withdrawing your proposal, and could have just taken time to calmly explain to the client and wait for their response? You also could have flagged the message that requested to go off platform.  

gurjeet k wrote:

Hello Aditi,

Connects will not be returned any longer for jobs when the client does not hire anyone (for the jobs that were marked such). This was a test that was discontinued. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths