🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » work hourly, Work for 5 days , totally 40hour...
Page options
kimguo
Community Member

work hourly, Work for 5 days , totally 40hours, but didn't get paid from client

I just had my first contract through UP- Work, today the employer just ended my contract with no pay.

I did everything following the company's request, so as company request, we worked all the time outside UP-work, (I have part of a work conversation with them in a group chat). From 15 Sep until 21 Sep. 11 AM-7 PM PST time schedule, I had online to respond to clients accordingly.

since on the date 19 Sep, one of owner ask to handle some her personal things, also as requested I did it accordingly, on the date 21 Sep, suddenly, this person who's name is Jessica has closed my work account(without any notice, sooo rude, this was very un-acceptable for me, without any notice, just kick you out from everything from this group), and everything I had worked with other work application conversation, working history has disappeared.

on the date 21 Sep, I just realized that the company close my up- work contract, and without pay anything.

I had worked 40 hours, but now I got paid 0$, please Kindly suggest how I can have my working hour paid accordingly, I have a part of the evidence of my work history, here I can also share it accordingly.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Qin, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Hourly contracts may be covered by Upwork Hourly Protection. For all of your hourly contracts, your clients are automatically invoiced and billed for the hours you log according to the weekly billing cycle

To qualify for Hourly Protection, you must:

• Have an hourly contract
  • Work with a client who is using a verified billing method
  • Use an Upwork account in good standing
  • Log your hours with the Upwork Desktop App
  • Have contract-related activity in your Work Diary
  • Update your Work Diary with memos or activities labels that describe the activity performed
  • Maintain adequate and fair activity levels
  • Stay within the contract's weekly limit

You can find more information in this help article. You may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the time you spent working on their project.

Additionally, I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths