🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » "My Feed" problem
Page options
bishnoi_mahipal
Community Member

"My Feed" problem

Hello, everyone, I d like to know about "My Feed".

As you know, there are several feeds such as "My Feed", "Recommended", and also custom feeds.

I thought that upwork is filtering and showing jobs related with my skill categories for "My Feed".

My skill sets are Web development, Scripts&Utilities, Desktop Software Development, but there are also many jobs related with translation, data entry, grapihc design.

Anyone who knows about this?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
pudingstudio
Community Member

Mahipal G wrote:

Hello, everyone, I d like to know about "My Feed".

As you know, there are several feeds such as "My Feed", "Recommended", and also custom feeds.

I thought that upwork is filtering and showing jobs related with my skill categories for "My Feed".

My skill sets are Web development, Scripts&Utilities, Desktop Software Development, but there are also many jobs related with translation, data entry, grapihc design.

Anyone who knows about this?

Thanks.

Downvote job you are not interested in. Eventually those will stop showing up for you.
No idea how much data is needed for it to become.

Don't have to do it. You can just ignore jobs you are not interested in.

kirnazdogan
Community Member

Hi Mahipal,

That's particularly because clients select every category they come across to reach more freelancers while they're about to publish a job post. For example, you're a web developer and want to see jobs only about web development, but you can see a translation job just because that client needs a translator with web development experience. Or, they're in search of multiple freelancers with multiple qualifications. So, you cannot find enough jobs if you set a job post "not-related" just because it contains some qualifications you don't have. 

Best practices:

- In order to see more relating job posts in your feeds, search for jobs by filtering. (such as: "payment verified", "web development", "less than 5 proposals", etc.)

- Save your popular searches. 

- Submit proposals only for jobs that you've all qualifications.

Hope these will help you. Good luck!