🐈
» Forums » Support » 0% fee when you bring your own client
Page options
indrajitsinh-ray
Community Member

0% fee when you bring your own client

Where can I find my BYOC link?  (I need it ASAP so that I can start  working on the contract from tomorrow) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

220 REPLIES 220

Thanks  for reply

abixbg
Community Member

How exactly should I invite a client to get the 0% lifetime fee with him? He does not have Upwork account yet. 

rahatalihunzai
Community Member

Thank you so much, sir.
I want to know about my client. Can my client avail 0% offer from the referral I send?

somen_jaiswal
Community Member

I recently upgraded to freelancer plus, one of the primary reason for my upgrade was to use a safe and secure way to process payments and manage contracts from my off-Upwork clients.

The "freelancer plus" membership plan offered - "0% service fee when you bring new clients to Upwork" as a perk. But I can't see, to find an option to do the same on my account.

How would I go about this? I need to send out a client invitation today.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Kumar,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c4fedd7a
Community Member

Does Upwork waive their fees if I bring a client onto the platform? Is this just for one project, or will Upwork continue to not charge any fees as long as I work with that client?

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for reaching out and your interest in bringing your own client to Upwork! Firstly, Upwork’s “Bring Your Own” program is now Any Hire. Yes, you're correct! You won’t be charged any Upwork freelancer service fees for your work on Any Hire contracts. Your payment method information is what we use to release payment to you on behalf of your client. We suggest you read through this help article for you to be more acquainted with how the procedures work.

**Edited to Update Information**

I sincerely apologize for the confusion my previous response caused. Please note that Top Rated freelancers who bring their offline clients to Upwork are eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients they bring. That's 0% on all contracts you have with that client, forever. Even if you lose your Top Rated status, you’ll continue to pay a 0% fee on these contracts.

If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com. I hope this clarifies. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
rafaqatmughal
Community Member

I have introduced 2 new clinents in my Career is there any benefit other than less commssion for inviting new clients on Upwork?

if there is any benefits please tell me.

Thanks

Hi Rafaqat,

If you are referring to the Bring Your Own Client Program, you become eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients you bring. That's 0% on all contracts you have with that client, forever. Even if you lose your Top Rated status, you’ll continue to pay a 0% fee on these contracts.

~ Joanne
Upwork
hirairam480
Community Member

Hi,

How can I get 0% fees for all jobs with new clients I bring to Upwork?
Please guide me about this.
Thanks,
Hira
kashnuda
Community Member

I've got a similar question. So, I sent my client a link to hire me on the platform a few days back, and they paid up already. But when I checked my billing, I saw Upwork charged me a 20% service fee. Am I missing something here?

Hi Dimuthu,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
vipin_maru
Community Member

Hi , I have TOP RATED PLUS profile but i cant see option for BYOC with 0% fee . Where can i get that link to invite my new client on Upwork . ? Please help ASAP

Hi Vipin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork
zain69
Community Member

Hi, I want to invite one of my clients on Upwork so I need a client registration link so that I could then share it with the CEO.

Question? How this process will work? When I'll onboard the client here then the project will be treated as a direct contract or it'll work as a normal project where the client will submit their feedback and this will show on our profile?

It was normal project and normal client for others before. Just no fee for you. Unsure is it actual now.

Hi Zain,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Rising Talent, Top Rated, or Top Rated Plus freelancers who bring their offline clients to Upwork are eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients they get. That's 0% on all contracts you have with that client forever. Even if you lose your badge, you’ll continue to pay a 0% fee on these contracts.

If you have yet to receive a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
zain69
Community Member

Hi, thanks for your reply Arjay, But my question is still there. The project will be treated as a normal project where upon completion of project via 0% service fee offer,  client can give feedback and this will show on my profile?  Or it'll be treated as direct contract?

zain69
Community Member

I'll be waiting for your detailed-response.

ssandsons
Community Member

Hello, I Want to invite my client to Upwork, I need a referral link so my client can make account through that link and I will get 0% upwork fee with that client. 
I am a top-rated freelancer.
where can I find the referral? 

af6cc862
Community Member

Hello, 
Recently I bought Upwork plus membership for "Enjoy 0% service fee when you bring new clients to upwork" . I want to bring a client. How can I send my link so Upwork can understand that it's my client?

Hi Imran,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Rising Talent, Top Rated Plus, and Top-Rated freelancers such as yourself who bring their offline clients to Upwork are eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients they bring. That's 0% on all contracts you have with that client forever. Even if you lose your badge, you’ll continue to pay a 0% fee on these contracts.

If you have yet to receive a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
walidthabet
Community Member

Hello, I am a top rated freelancer, i want to confirm that if i sent an invitation link to a new client through the "Direct Contracts" option and he hired me later for a project, then Upwork will not deduct from me any amount on that project? Also should i be on the plus or basic profile type considering that i am a top rated freelancer? Thanks.

1. You pay a service fee of 3.4% for direct contracts. There is no such thing as a 0% service fee.

2. Whether or not you're paying a subscription does not matter for you to be considered a top rated freelancer. 

Screenshot_2023-07-13-08-30-17-192_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

My bad, did not specify, that only applies to the upgraded plan.

There is nothing to confirm. If you upgrade and all things remain the same you should be charged 0%. Make sure you read the details.

Obviously if you want the benefits of Plus (0% service free when you bring a new client) you should sign up for it. You have to decide if it's worth it.

Hi Walid,

Thank you for your message. Freelancers are charged a 3.4% payment processing fee. For example, if your earnings are $100 you’ll be charged a payment processing fee of $3.40 USD. We won’t charge you an additional freelancer service fee, only the 3.4%. You can enjoy the benefits of Direct Contracts even on the Basic membership plan. To learn more about this check out this article.

Alternatively, you can also opt for Bring Your Own client program that allows Top Rated freelancers to bring new clients to Upwork and enjoy a 0% on fees. Your client will need to pay a 5% marketplace fee when they make a payment to you under Bring Your Own client program.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
vatorin
Community Member

Hello, i'm a "top rated" freelancer & i'd like to invite a client. Is this program still active?

ab6dc8a8
Community Member

I recently purchased the freelancer plus plan and now I want to invite my clients on Upwork to

"Enjoy a 0% service fee when you bring" with this. 

Can I get it? 

If yes then how to? 

Hi Md Mostakin,

You can submit a request form from your Community profile to waive the freelancer service fee for any new clients you bring to Upwork within the next three months. After you submit the request, our team will be in touch with a client link within the next two business days. Please keep in mind that the client must be a new client and should not have an existing Upwork account. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ab6dc8a8
Community Member

Thanks, let me try this. 

I want to invite the client but where is the invitation link? 

Md Mostakin, you will first need to submit a request to get the link you can share with your client. As I mentioned in my post above, our team will be in touch with a client link within the next two business days.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ab6dc8a8
Community Member

Thanks I already sent a request. 

qasim_sarwani
Community Member

my client is  not on upwork i want to refer him to join upwork is there any way to refer him so i didn't get charge much fee?

bilaltahir29
Community Member

Hi, 

I want to bring my clients to Upwork. I have a Freelancer Plus subscription and want to avail the 0% service fee benefit when bringing new clients to Upwork. Please guide me through the process.

Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

You can do this by going to your Community profile settings, and clicking on "Submit a request" under the Freelancer Plus tab. You will be contacted directly with more information on how to move forward. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alexkovalyshyn
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team

I hope this message finds you well. I am a new freelancer on Upwork and I’m looking to build my reputation and client base on the platform. I have a potential client who I initially connected with outside of Upwork. To enhance my Upwork profile and to ensure secure transactions, I am considering inviting this client to register on Upwork and engage in a contract with me through the platform.

Before proceeding, I want to ensure that this aligns with Upwork’s policies and terms of service. Could you please confirm the following:

1. Is it permissible for me to invite clients, whom I’ve met outside of Upwork, to start a contract with me on the platform?
2. What is the correct process for bringing an external client onto Upwork? Are there any specific steps or guidelines that I should follow?
3. Will contracts initiated in this manner affect my Upwork profile statistics and reputation metrics, such as Job Success Score or Top Rated status?

I am eager to abide by Upwork’s rules and guidelines and want to make sure that my actions are in full compliance. Your guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, you can bring your external clients to Upwork. Since you're currently on the Freelancer Plus membership, you can do this by going to your Community profile settings and clicking "Submit a request" under the Freelancer Plus tab. You will be contacted directly with more information on how to move forward. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pavel_belousov
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I have a clients I met off Upwork and would like to work with through Upwork. The client is new to Upwork and doesn't have an account. I'm wondering what would be the most effecient way with the client.

I'd like to get a feedback after the job's done and from I undertand, with Direct Contract it's not possible to leave any feedback and the money earned won't show up on the profile. Which is not what I'm looking for.

I know Upwork had a Bring Your Own program with 0% fee back in the days. But now it's called Any Hire. So the question is: is Brin Your Own program still operable and will I be able to open a 0% contract with my client?

If the BYO is not operable anymore then what are the fees for an Any Hire contract? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths