🐈
» Forums » Support » Apply now button is not working
Page options
Work S Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
Abhishek B Community Member

Hello @Upwork 
My Co-worker's account got suspended for no reason at all, He just even completed his all verification and did call with Upwork agent to get verified. A moment after that his account got banned and he can't even log in and form an appeal. He says when he tried to log in the error showed saying "contact the support team your id has been blocked". He says he even contact the support team but he didn't get any response. He was just a beginner on this platform and he faced that issue. I was the one who recommended this platform to him but now I am ashamed. I am writing this issue on his behalf, Please solve his issue if needed I can provide the  E-mail id and name of his ID. 

Please give me a suggestion as soon as possible. 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Abhishek,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Luiggi
Kimberly L Community Member

Hi, I've been trying to apply for jobs using my agency's profile but the "APPLY NOW" button is grey instead of green and appears not to be clickable . I've tried everything i can but it's still not working. I need this to be rectified as soon as possible.

Please see picture as reference. Thank you. 

cbe7023a_0-1674662499624.png

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

~ Nikola
Kimberly L Community Member

Hi, I need update to this. Really need your help, Thank you. 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Kimberly,

I am sorry for the late response. I checked and it looks like you do not have permission to submit proposals on behalf of the agency. You may want to communicate with your agency owner about changing your permission or submitting a proposal from their end. 

You can find more information in this help article

Thank you for your patience, 

~ Nikola
Mary Antoniette L Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have an agency and just found out the we have an option not to let our member send proposal for them. May I know where can I check this please or is there an option where I can limit the number of proposals they can submit in a day? Thank you.

Regards,

Mary

Jonathan L Community Member
Claire D Community Member

Hi! Mine is also not clickable. Please help! 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Claire,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Claire D Community Member

That still did not work. I even logged in using incognito.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Claire,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Anton R Community Member

Good afternoon? the same problem, the Aplly now button does not work. Tried using browser and mobile app 

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Anton,

I checked and it looks like our team reached out to you about this via this support ticket. Please follow up with them directly so they can help you. You can reopen the ticket by replying to the email notification sent about it.

~Andrea
Sarang K Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Apology for wrong post but I really need help to solve this mess!

I am into a situation where Upwork support is not proved helpful until now. I have had an account with my official id in the past (2015) and now the official email id is permanently closed because the organization does not exist. I never used that account to bid a project it was just a trial account to learn how Upwork works. I missed to close it. 

I opened another account which we can call it as a my main account & I have now spent over 1500+ hours and hard earned top rated badge on this account. 

With good gesture I created support ticket & requested Upwork to close my old account because its of no use. Upwork all sudden suspended my main account where I have 4 ongoing contracts, when I asked reason for suspending the main account, their response was because I need to solve other account issue & close it. 

I have submitted a form where we can request Upwork to update email id so that we can update password, security question. With that we can login to old account and close it, once again Upwork has not provided satisfactory resolution. Can Upwork directly close my old account I fully authorize Upwork to do it, no ongoing contract associated with that account.

Anyone in the community faced this issue & solved it? I absolutely want my main account suspension revoked on priority. Any help/suggestion on this thread I appreciate your kind help.

Regards,

Sarang

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Sarang,

We certainly understand how you want this issue resolved so that you can proceed with your preferred account. However, please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account, and having multiple ones is a violation of Upwork's TOS. 

As mentioned on this support ticket here, feel free to coordinate and provide the information required by the team to resolve the issue. You can always update your ticket on this page or the email and the team will surely assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Vdfsdsvd D Community Member

Good afternoon, I didn’t understand why they blocked me, I didn’t do anything, I took a picture of my passport and waited for an operator to contact me, even there was no letter in the mail. This income is very important to me.

My friend's account, not mine can help emu

Emu no one answers
, and he cannot create a ticket because his account was blocked

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

no one answered me so far can you help my friend emu account blocked
Alessandro T Community Member

Hello upwork friends.

My account has been suspended.

I verified my account with a profile photo and via video call by identifying myself some days ago. I have acquired the blue check.

But then I did the stupidity of changing my profile picture to an edited picture where I'm in profile and not frontal, just because I liked it better.

Apparently this is not good for upwork line guides. I didn't know and admitted my mistake.

I changed my profile picture as the assistant suggested me to do, putting one where my face is clearly visible even if the photo is a bit dark. But in a few hours I will exchange it again for a professional and bright one made with a professional camera.

I'm making this topic hoping that someone from upwork will see it and in a few hours will be able to unlock my account from all the limitations. 

I don't want the discomfort to last a few days, I hope it resolves itself in a few hours.

Regards, 

Alessandro

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie. Thank you for your reply. 

There is no chance to have one live support with one human? 

Time is precious and is not a good situation have the account suspended for one photo. 

Regards, 

Alessandro

And please if you can, can you tell me if you think that this photo that actually I have fit good in my profile? 

Does it mean: if this for your experience can be the right photo? I'm afraid that is not good and I have to wait again for the reply after the first, and in the while my account is suspended. 

Regards 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths