🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Commun...
Page options
34d10fe0
Community Member

Account Suspended | Cannot Post in the Community

Good day, I hope this message finds you well and good. So, I have two issues. I have created this account because I want to post this to the Upwork community for help and support. I have tried all available means known to me post my issue on the community forum and reach out for support but to no avail. I understand that it is against Upwork's ToS to have more than one account and I abide to that. So I'd delete this account as soon as this issue is resolved. 

1. On Thursday, 29th October, 2022, I tried to buy some connects as I was out of connects and I wanted to apply for a job. As a result of this, I was requested to input my payment details. I did as requested, however, the card details I imputed could not be verified and for this reason, my Upwork account, Abdul-Aziz Osikoya, was partially suspended. I have access to it but cannot apply to jobs, accept a new offers, etc. It was mentioned that I can automatically resolve the suspension by inputting another payment details or using a PayPal account. I inputted another payment details which was accepted but awaiting verification. Since then, my account is yet to be unsuspended and I cannot do much with it. Please can you help me check it out and help me resolve this issue. 

Another thing that bothers me concerning this suspension is that I was the one who wanted to purchase something from Upwork and yet because my initial card details couldn't be verified, I was suspended. That seems absurd. Upwork was not requesting me to verify anything yet it suspended me for trying to input information about my payment details. Also I did not do anything to violate the Upwork ToS. Please help shed more light on this because I feel this kind of situation is very annoying. I was about to accept a contract offer from a client when this occurred and because of it, I couldn't. 

2. Secondly, I'm not able to post or reply to any post on the community forum from my original account. It says that I should verify my email or the reason that I cannot post is that I am not allowed to reply on a particular post. Please help me out. What should I do to resolve this issue?

Mind you, my email has been previously verified and my account is fully active. I have also posted previously, once, in the community. 

Thank you very much. 

Regards, 

Abdul-Aziz. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janine,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649

Hi Oluwapelumi,

I checked and can confirm that your account is no longer on hold and your public profile is visible. If you're still seeing something on your end suggesting otherwise, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9cf0340d
Community Member

When I try checking out my profile, this is what it is displayimg check out the attachment. 

Hi Oluwapelumi,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9cf0340d
Community Member

I am currently making use of app and I have true different browser still the same my profile is no longer available. 

Hi Oluwapelumi,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
yousseftrh
Community Member

Please, I need help. How can my account not be suspended while I urgently need to work?

Hi Youssef,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and it looks like there's no active suspension now. Please check and let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ AJ
Upwork
farhad-usmani
Community Member

Hello Folks

I hope you are all fine and doing great. Is there any update regarding the Upwork account suspension? I have more than 5 days but there is still no response. Any senior in this community please guide us on what should i do. We are worried about our account. We are just stuck.

Look forward your positive response.

Thank you

No Response. The account was suspended on Wednesday and appealed on the same day. Tagged Upwork on twitter but haven't gotten any response. 

Hi Arsalan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Usmaan!Go to your My Requests inbox under Help > Disputes. Open the
suspension ticket and reply to the message with your appeal request.

The suspension ticket will have information about your suspension.

Then you can follow the process accordingly.

Note: You'll need to be logged into your Upwork account to access your My
Requests inbox.

I am sure this will be helpful.

Regards.

Afshan Dada.
be14a446
Community Member

Thanks For this:

Afshan J

Regards

Muhammad Usman Waris

Hi Farhad,

I've notified the relevant team of your concern. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for one of our agents to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5dbd4a53
Community Member

My account has been suspended suddenly. I don't know the reason why my account has been suspended. I have not been emailed. I contacted the Upwork Support team and they said they would respond within 48 Hrs but It has been more than 48 hours and I have not received any response from the Upwork support team. I am pretty sure I did not violate any Upwork terms and conditions. My account has been suspended, but I am not in a sanctioned region. I am a freelancer from Bangladesh. My Ticket Link: 38038981

If Upwork Thinks I made a Mistake they should let me know but they did not send me an email about why my account got suspended. I see many freelancers facing the same problem. what is Going on Upwork

Hi Jobair,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kamlesh_93
Community Member

Hello,

I want to know, why my account has been suspended. I was not received any Email related to account suspension. I was checked junk folder also.
I got an email at 30/11/2022 for update tax information that time I was not checked Email but today after account suspension I checked and update my tax information.

the upwork support show me, it take 48 hours but now 5 days passed but didn't get any response from the Upwork.

help me soon...

Exactly same thing happened with me and with lot of other freelancers, I think and also some people are saying it is a kind of  bug hope they might solve it soon..

Thank you for your reply,

I am waiting for it, Hope to solve soon because I can't apply for new job.

Hi Kamlesh,

Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner about your concern. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and please expect an update on this support ticket that you've raised momentarily. Feel free to coordinate with the team through that ticket if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9c901277
Community Member

Hello, My name is Nur-A-Alam. My main account is registered to the mail**Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please be noted that, my account was suspended without email notification. I have submitted an suspenstion appeal form Request #38009087 on 7th December, 2022, 6 days ago. But I have not recievied any reply yet. I have communicated several times to reinstate my accout but no feeback. I have no way to communicate the forum, thats why I created this duplicate accout just only communicate with one of the moderator here so that he/she can expediate the process . I will definately delete this duplicate accout as soon as problem solved . I would be greatful if any modertor take steps to solve my problem. Thank you so much for your anticipated cooperation. Best regards Nur

Hey Nur, your account is online, however it needs to be fully completed. Thanks!

Hi Nur-A,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that creating multiple accounts is against our ToS and this can be another reason for your account getting suspended.

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual hence the delay. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
8e7342a0
Community Member

I have already attached my documents but it shows your account is on hold. Please give me a solution as all my proposals got cancelled. Whenever I message then through help and support , I found a ticket with marked as solved but there is no solution. My I'd verification is not done yet 4-5 days after uploading my documents.

Hi DEEKSHA,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
keplerworx
Community Member

I get the "Your account has limited. Please contact customer support." when I try to buy connects, I updated my billing. 

I can't apply for any job and my all proposal history is disappearing from my account How to resolve this?

Hi Naveed,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Naveed,

You need to b patient until you get a communication from the Upwork after reviewing the cause of "limiting" the account.

Regards, 

Emmanuel. 

dolan-trump
Community Member

Hi

Team Upwork!

My account has been suspended without any reason telling me. And didn't even tell me the problem. My projects are also running, but the account is not being recovered. I have also made a request but no response has come since 7 days.My all project deal on Upwork and also work and payment on Upwork. Because i know its better for me. I trusted on Upwork. 

I am really shocked about my account. It give me disappointed.

So please help me. 

And active my account now. 

Thank you so much

Mujahid Hussain 

Hi Mujahid,

I'm sorry to learn that you got caught off guard by the suspension of your account. However, please know that users are only allowed to have one account, and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's ToS. 

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and you should be getting an update on this page with one of your tickets. Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
80560af3
Community Member

Hi,

My account has been suspended yesterday without any prior notice and I submitted an unsuspend from yesterday, but no response from support yet, but the good thing is applying for jobs and posting topics in the community section button have been unbarred now. Although, my profile is still unavailable. So, advice, please.

Hi Tuhin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
80560af3
Community Member

Hi Andrea;

Thanks for your quick response. Your advice is noted.

Tuhin C.

Community Member

When I try checking out my profile, this is what it is displayimg check out the attachment. i already tried another update version browser.

farman.PNG

Hi Farman,

~Andrea
Upwork
7c2703fd
Community Member

Hello. I need assistance as soon as possible to get my account up to date. I have tried everything I can to get my account back and have my talent back to work- and there has been no reponse from Upwork. All of my payments are up to date.

Hi Andrew,

~ Arjay
Upwork
1d48f204
Community Member

Hi,

I recently retrieved my account from being suspended, yet when I click on the profile tab, it says it is no longer available. Nothing was emailed to me or shown when the "Your account was suspended" prompt disappeared from my account. I am not sure if it's still processing or if I am missing something here to make my profile active. Can someone kindly help me with this?

Thank you.

Go to help & support

Hi Ann Naziath,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
architectmdamir
Community Member

I got an email from Upwork.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

• I am trying to refund but I can't do it. So what should I do now?
  • How can I reactivate my account?
MD AMIR HOSSAIN SUJON
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths