🐈
» Forums » Support » Account Suspended
Page options
29df2522
Community Member

Account Suspended

I have completed 10 time identity card, Tax Card, resident card, and when started my upwork account that time also confirm my identity and upwork client account in also confirm my credit card and ATM card.

My freelancer massage me I am fraud but I am not but I can't reply because my account is restricted all call me fraud my reputation became damage please fast solution now 

I have attached

Passport 

Tax payers card

Government I'd card 

Election Card

I'm from India please help me send your number and call me and video chat and verify me my all project are stopped 

Please immediately activate 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Jigar,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94
LuiggiR

Hi Jigar,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1b768f09
Community Member

My financial transacations were limited earlier due to a wrong payment method, I have updated the payment method and it has been accepted but I'm still unable to carryout transactions such as purchasing of connects, I still have the same error message saying I need to update my payment methods and my financial transactions are limited

Hi Aisosa,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7b30e122
Community Member

I am using this client account in order to post here, because I cannot access my regular account. My account, for which I did ID verification, is blocked without giving any reason. I'm really very worried right now. My  account, through which I have a contract with a freelancer, is blocked today. No e-mail was sent to me about this. I checked my spam folder and everywhere. I don't know why and I'm not allowed to write to the support community from my regular account. Also, I cannot write a message to the freelancer. I didn't break any rules. I only have one contract and as Mileston is sent to me, I pay and then I wait. What did I do wrong??? What do I do now if my account is permanently blocked??????????

Hi Jasmin,

I see that the team has reached out via email, and a support ticket has been raised with your account concerns. I'm sorry to learn about the status of your account. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through that email if you need further assistance; they'll surely look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
olye
Community Member

Hello community please I need your help.
I am unable to use my upwork account to ask for help as I have been suspended. This is a pseudo account which I will delete.

issue:

When opening my account last year, I used an identification card from Kenya though not the national identity card. Two days ago I received a suspension notice and I am not sure what led to that as I was told that two people have been found to be using my account (so, me and one other person). But to the best of my knowledge I have been the sole operator of my account- operating it from my PC and mobile app. 
To I was required to provide my identity document and proof of address. I thought that they needed the identity document which I used while opening the account and not the national identity card as I had not used it on upwork before. Once I sent it I received an email that approved the identity document and not the proof of address. On second submission of the identity document and new proof of address, I was informed that the identity document was'nt approved even though earlier on they had accepted it. I did not know whether the new proof of address was approved.
Is this a misunderstanding and what do I do? I am not able to deliver my pending projects to clients and don't know what is happening. 

Please help me, how do I go about this. I believe that I have not breached any terms of service knowingly but am going to be very careful in the future.

Reuben 

Hi William,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account and trouble reaching our support team. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for your account? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
olye
Community Member

Thanks

theastrolad
Community Member

Hi
I funded a contract today with my client account but when the freelancer tried to accept the offer, Upwork didn't let him telling that the client's account is on a hold. I have thoroughly checked my email, its spam and junk folders and my Upwork account's notifications, and nowhere can I find any notification indicating any account hold. Moreover, the contract fund, marketplace fee and contract initiation fee have been deducted from my payment method. If not for the freelancer, I wouldn't even know that my account is on hold. 

Kindly help me resolve the issue at the earliest. It's the least we can expect after paying a 'marketplace' and  'contract initiation' fee.

Hi Obaidullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I see that you've coordinated with the appropriate team about your account status concerns. They've responded and confirmed that your freelancer has successfully accepted your offer, and you now have an active contract with him. You may access the support ticket linked to your case on this page and email to validate this. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
babara7
Community Member

Hi,

It's been 3 days since by Upwork account has temporarily been suspended. I completed the required verification and provided the required information 3 days ago. Although my identification is verified but my account is still suspended and no one from the upwork support is responding. 

Hi Babar,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've followed up with the relevant team, and they are still reviewing your account. We're currently experiencing an unusually high volume of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. Nonetheless, you can rest assured that they will be getting back to you as soon as they have an update to share. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
babara7
Community Member

Can you please let me know how long it will take? I am losing on so many jobs and contracts. I have received 3 offers recently, but I am unable to accept them, and they are about to expire. It's already been 5 days. Kindly, resolve the issue as soon as possible.

babara7
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR,

It's been 9 days now. I tried to get an update from support but the are not responding at all.

Can you please follow up on that and let me on know.

thanks

Hi Babar,

I am sorry to hear about the delay in response from our team. I have followed up with the team handling your account and one of our team members will reach you via the same support ticket as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
babara7
Community Member

Hi PradeepH,

It's been 15 days now and still no reply from your support team.

Babar

olye
Community Member

Hello, community, 

Unfortunately, my account has been permanently suspended even though I gave every correct documentation. Sadly, I had funds available for withdrawal but cannot log in. How do I get the money please someone advise.

Hi William,

I've checked the account you're currently using to post here in the Community and confirmed there's no restriction. Could you please confirm if you're referring to a different account? We're looking forward to your response so we can assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
olye
Community Member

Hello Community, 
Third time of my asking and not getting a reply.
I have available funds in a suspended account and this is money I had been keeping here to withdraw later. Who knows what will happen to the funds? Yes, I am aware that those under review or in progress will revert to the clients. The balance available means alot to me as its hours of hard work and clients approved and rated the contracts positively. 
Will I ever get this money in the payment method I have been using?

I can't seem to get an answer from support. I wish the moderators here just gave me a straight forward answer, maybe if it's impossible I will move on.

Thanks for you replies in advance!

Reuben A.

Hi William,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I see that you messaged me privately with more information about your case; I will continue to assist you from there. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3474f6e2
Community Member

My main account got suspended because the information to reset my security password that I provided incorrect. I cannot log into that account anymore. My question is how long this process will take and what can I do to prove that my account was not hacked or somthing else so I can get back to work.

Hi Dat,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account while resetting the security information. It appears that you are referring to a different account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account you mentioned? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Can you check your message please? I sent you the registered email address for the account I mentioned/

I sent you private message as you mentioned but I haven't got any reply from you. Have you received my message? It's been 8 days since the day my account suspened but I haven't received any email from Upwork updating about my account status or how I can get it back.

Hi Dat,

I checked the account linked to your email address and it appears that you're communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
cb46f9bb
Community Member

I didn't recieved the email why my account have been blocked.  When posting the job I get the notification that my company has been suspended. I made the account few weeks ago and did'nt post any job. Now I'm posting and It's blocked. 

Hi Izhar,

Thank you for reaching out. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
enzombravo
Community Member

Good night! Please, I need urgent help since my account has been suspended.
The problem: I added my debit card to buy connections, the purchase was made correctly, and when it came to using those connections to apply for jobs it did not allow me to do so, and it showed on the main screen that my account was suspended (attached image ).
I have tried every way to find a solution, following the steps they say and also writing to upwork and trying to contact customer service directly, without success.
I hope to get a response since I was about to apply for job offers and this inconvenience happened, I am a very active profile on Upwork since their page is very good and I have been using it for months.
Thank you so much!

Hi Enzo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
44ce6bfd
Community Member

Problem situation: When registering the account, the real name was written incorrectly. Later, relevant supporting documents were provided via email. The name and related information were correctly modified, but the account was still blocked.

27.png

I have updated the primary billing method according to the warning, and have carried out relevant operations according to the community and customer support, but the account is still blocked and I have not received any further relevant solutions in the email. Can anyone help me deal with it?

Hi WeiWei,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
8f72dfbf
Community Member

sometimes it can hapened

check on the blog

Hi Shadi,

I see that you've contacted our support team via chat, and a support ticket has been issued regarding your account concerns. I can also confirm that your case has been forwarded to the appropriate team, and they've provided further instructions on resolving the issue. You may access the ticket linked to your case on this page and email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
85c66397
Community Member

Hi there,

I don't know how to get support on here but my freelancer account is suspended due to a failed payment method - i've added 2 different cards and paypal and its still suspended and I can't apply for jobs.

If I can't talk to anyone for support how do i get this issue resolved? There are no outstanding funds whatsoever so I'm confused and stuck. 

Thanks for your help.

Hi Chaz,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fe403c9d
Community Member

After trying for more than 2 days to get my issue solved, I'm reaching out through this channel to ask for help from a human person.

I got my credit card rejected when trying to buy Connects and my account got limited. I already added my debit card as the primary billing method and got accepted, but the account is still limited.

Please help me get my account working again!

Hi Francisco,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've encountered with your account. I understand how frustrating it can be when issues persist despite your efforts to resolve them. Rest assured, I'll do my best to assist you.

I escalated your case to our support team for a thorough review and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths