🐈
» Forums » Support » Active proposal no answer
Page options
d2507454
Community Member

Active proposal no answer

Hello everybody,

I recieved a job proposal which I accepted on Oct 17, 2023. Then, on Oct 23rd, the client asked me by message if I accepted the job, to which I answered; Yes, I did. Also, I asked the client a few important questions needed to start the project but since then I never got an anser back, It's November 6th and there's still no answer. What can you do if the cliente doesn't answer? Is there a penalty for the person not answering or how does this work? What can I do If I rejected other projects in order to start with this one, Do ) have any kind of backup or how can I protect myself in this type of events?

I would appreciate your advice..

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Andrea,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your client. It can be frustrating when you don't get clear communication or a response from them. There is no penalty for not responding to the messages. You have an option to wait for the client to respond to your questions or if you don't hear back from them after a reasonable period of time, you may want to consider ending the contract and looking for other opportunities. You have the right to withdraw from a project if the client is unresponsive or uncooperative. However, it is recommended to inform them of your decision and the reasons behind it before ending the contract.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths