🐈
» Forums » Support » Availability badge turned off before the week...
Page options
saima_faisal
Community Member

Availability Badge

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i tried but couldnt switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 😞

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

View solution in original post

244 REPLIES 244

Hi Arooba,

Thanks for following up. I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2a5577a0
Community Member

Hello, I've been inactive on Upwork for a while, and now I can't seem to turn on my availability badge even though I have connects available. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Hi Albin,

You can't turn on this badge because your profile is locked profile. I've just updated your profile visibility; could you please try again now? Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3e3f21f1
Community Member

... what can I do to make it available on 

fccfebe2_0-1708127470621.png

Hi Ann, just click the pen icon next to the Availability badge, make sure you have enough connects to turn the badge on!

3e3f21f1
Community Member

Can you get an available on set t 

Hi Ann,

Are you referring to the Availability Badge? If so, you can't turn it on because your profile is currently locked private. I've updated your profile visibility, and you should be able to use the feature now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, 

I am getting charged every month for subscription and connection, can you please stop charging from this month.

I am on a break for few months and do not wish to get charged.

Hi Ewunet,

Are you referring to the Availability Badge? You can turn it off by visiting your profile page and clicking the pencil icon right next to it

~ Luiggi
Upwork
elena_udalova
Community Member

Hello! I had a long break. But now I want to get back to my work again. But unfortunately my accessibility icon is disabled and I cannot enable it myself. Help me please.

486f67d0
Community Member

Accidentally activated this 'Availability badge' option while trying to configure my profile, which I haven't finished yet. I applied to some jobs, but without success, and I realized it might be because I don't have a portfolio put together. I'm working on it now, but there are no more connects left to apply again. Still, the portfolio can help me apply to jobs on other platforms.
In summary, I can't deactivate the Availability badge, the process gives me the error message "Failed to turn off availability badge. Please, try again later".

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you for your message. I checked your profile and can confirm that the Availability badge is already turned off. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
69fbd932
Community Member

Hi,

I am an exclusive member of my agency and I want to turn on my availability badge. However, sometimes when I try to turn it on, a warning pops up. Sometimes, the turn-on button doesn't even enable. Can you please provide me with a solution? I really need to turn on my badge. Thank you.

See attach file.

Hi Ghazia,

It appears that you're trying to turn on your Availability Badge from the Agency's profile context, which by design won't allow you to do so. 

You as a freelancer will be able to turn this on yourself if you have sufficient Connects by going to your freelancer profile. Make sure that you have switched back to your freelancer account should you wish to update your profile's availability. Just note that since you are an exclusive agency member, you will not be able to continue using this badge once you run out of Connects. As an exclusive agency member, you will not be able to purchase more Connects. Here's more information about exclusive and non-exclusive agency members. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
69fbd932
Community Member

I agree with what you're saying, but my team member, who is also exclusive, has theirs on. I turned mine on last week, and it worked, but now it's not working.

Hi Ghazia,

As mentioned above, exclusive members can turn it on only through their freelancer profile context and using their available Connects. If you don't have sufficient Connects on your freelancer profile, you won't be able to turn the badge on.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
69fbd932
Community Member

thank you

5c3313b2
Community Member

Hello!

I've been having issues with my availability badge. I guess it can't be changed because of my profile visibility settings, but I can't change it, it set to Locked Private without any option to change it. Could you, please, reset my profile visibility settings? 

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bab089bf
Community Member

Hello Moderator,

My name is nathanael melaku.

I am having problem turning on my availability badge.

Please, I was hoping you could assist me in do that.

Thank you for the service.

idreambiz
Community Member

Could you please activate the availability badge? I noticed my profile was set to private, though I'm not sure why.

Hi Sanchit,

I'd like to clarify that your standard availability settings tell clients about your general availability for Upwork jobs. The availability badge is another way to highlight that those hours aren’t filled yet. For example, you may be a part-time freelancer who can dedicate 20 hours per week to Upwork, which you can state in your profile. Using the badge can let clients know that your 20 hours for this particular week are not all filled and that you’re still looking for work at the moment. If you can’t activate the badge it is typically because your profile has been set to private or you do not have enough Connects. I checked and saw that you requested to reset your profile visibility via a support ticket. I can confirm that your profile is now public.

To enable your availability badge, please follow these steps:

• Go to Find Work and look at your profile banner on the right side of the screen. Select the pencil icon ✎ next to Availability Badge
  • Set your maximum amount of Connects you want to spend in one week to keep the badge on. If the price changes to exceed this number, we will turn the badge off for you.
  • Select Turn On

You can also access the badge on your profile, under your name at the top of the page. For more information about this feature, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
9f044de5
Community Member

I am trying to figure out if turning on the availability badge is effective at all?

Upwork will gain more money from you with such badges. It works for sure.

Also is effective for you if your goal to waste extra. 😺

41fdfc37
Community Member

just noticed that my connects are disappearing. Just looked at my connects history and noticed that I've been removed 1 connect per day for the past weeks.  and I didn't apply to any job. It seems like that everytime I enter Upwork, one connect is removed

You're using the availability badge which costs connects. (as seen in the screenshot)

Although it's up to you, I recommend not using it unless you're high up in the search results.

FYI: Connects expire one year after they are credited.

That is your availability badge. Go to "find work" and select OFF if you don´t want to spend connects.

svarcsoft
Community Member

My profile status was changed to private exactly one year ago (judging by the email I received from Upwork).
The form for resetting the profile status back to public on this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private is not working and returns "Our apologies. Something went wrong.

Your ticket was not submitted."

Can someone help me and change my status to public or tell me how can I do this?
Thanks in advance.

c847cae2
Community Member

Hi,

I cannot see my Availability badge and category in the sidebar.  From the last month My sidebar did not appear on the find work page, and I could not find the availability badge option. I have cleared the history cache it did not work. Kindly suggest any solution for how can I get my side bar options back?

Best Regards,

Hala

Hi Hala,

I tried but can't seem to replicate the issue you're describing. I can see the Availability badge option on the "Your Profile" and "Find Work" pages. Please visit this screenshot  for your reference.

You may also want to check this help article for more details when switching your Availability badge. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end; we'll gladly look into that for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
c149f5bf
Community Member

I don't have any payment card and I have 8 connects by which I can't submit any proposal. My connects deducted by Upwork  on "Available no Badge" condition everyday which I didn't understand. Is there any way to earn connects through requesting Upwork admin. Please help.

Hi Syed Abul Ahsan,

We designed the Availability Badge feature option to help you signal to clients that you are ready for new work now. Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. We highly suggest you visit this help article to learn more about this feature.

Also, there are three ways to get Connects on Upwork. You can buy, earn, and eventually receive Monthly Free Connects. You may read through this help article to better understand how Connects works.

~ Arjay
Upwork
576528a7
Community Member

I ran out of connects today and my availability badge was removed. Would this affects the number of invites I get?

tjmisny
Community Member

Don't waste your money on the Availability Badge.  I found it to make zero difference in the number of invites I get.  

576528a7
Community Member

Okay, Thomas. Thank you!

c058b899
Community Member

Hey,

Yesterday, I used the required connects to turn on the Availability badge, but it has already been switched off. When I looked into it I'm being asked to spend more connects-- but it's been less than 48 hours. How do I fix this?

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

Hi Maeve Mhairi,

We checked your account and saw that your availability badge has already been switched off. Since it has already been switched off, you will no longer have any further Connects charges. You can check it here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
thephotoshopdude
Community Member

Why is it 14 connects per week now? Previously it was 7 connects per week.thephotoshopdude_0-1717415901750.png

It is useless badge.  Most buyers don't know what that is.  It is just another way Upwork extracts your money.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths