🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Connects deductions
Page options
saima_faisal
Community Member

Availability Badge

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i tried but couldnt switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 😞

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

View solution in original post

244 REPLIES 244
faran_kh
Community Member

I have a 90 connects I can't still on my badge why? I am a freelancer under an agency Also my profile is not public. But it shows my side to the public 

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and can confirm that your profile visibility was previously set to private (locked). I updated your profile visibility to public so you should be able to turn on your Availability Badge now. Kindly follow the steps listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork
73be2af3
Community Member

I have activated the availability badge feature, but I'm experiencing an issue with my availability badge not turning green as expected. I've confirmed my availability settings and attempted to troubleshoot without success. I would appreciate your help in investigating and resolving this matter promptly. Accurate badge representation is crucial for communication and coordination. Thank you for your attention.

Hi Raisul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that the Availability Badge is on. Are you referring to the green indicator that you're online?

~ AJ
Upwork

Yes, why green indicator is gray?

asmitabhange
Community Member

Hello,

I am not able to turn on my availability badge even though I have more no of connects then required.
Kindly help in turning it on.

Regards,
Asmita B

Hi Asmita,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like your profile visibility was set to to private (locked) so you were not able to turn on your Availability Badge. In order to turn on this badge, your profile visibility must be set to public. I just changed your profile visibility so you should be able to turn on the base now.

~ AJ
Upwork
d98f4879
Community Member

Hi,

I am wondering what the availability badge is, how it performs and what is the impact it on profile/ new traffic.

I have my availability badge on and set the maximum to 7. Each and everyday I am losing a connect for keeping the availability badge on. But if I look at my stats, I rarely get profile views from availability badge. Still I loses connects for the badge, even without getting views or any other impacts to my profile. 

So I am being unable to understand the concept behind the Availability Badge. Can anyone please elaborate how it works, the reason for reducing connects without having an impact on my profile and what if I turn off the availability badge?

Also, I would like to get your tips and tactics with availability batch to attract clients or traffic to my profile.

Thank you

In my experience (and that of many other people who have posted), it makes no difference to have it on or off, in terms of invites and/or getting jobs.  Just a drain on connects that could be better spent elsewhere.

I have the same feelings Miles. As a senior person in this platform, would you recommend me to keep it on or not? I turned on profile boosting few mins ago.

Thank you

I did notice more invites when I boosted my profile.  I did not notice more invites or interest from people when I just had my availability badge on.

This may differ based on your professional field, so I can only speak to my experience, but if you're looking to spend connects, boosting your profile seems to be useful.

I agree.

One more clarification, I created a client account and did a research. When I search for. "Wordpress Developer" or any similar terms to find a talent, I only notice top rated/ top rated plus sellers in search result page. Also in filters, I can't see an option to filter talents without a badge.

If this is how the search algorithm working, what could be the way to get attention from clients for newbies like me(I don't have a badge yet)? Is it only about submitting proposals?

0584440d
Community Member

Hey,

New to Upwork. I created my profile while ago but was not able stay active. Now I am not able to turn my availability badge on.

Hi Moin,

I can see that your profile visibility is set to public. Can you please share a screengrab of the error you get whenever you try turning on the Availability Badge?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bluebird44
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I haven't logged in on Upwork for a couple of months and I did and tried to turn on my availability badge. Even though I have 145 connects It still asking me to buy more connects. Does anyone face an issue like this? please help me with a solution.

Thank you in advance,

-Vijay

Hi Vi,

If you can’t activate the badge it is typically because your profile has been set to private or you do not have enough Connects. It looks like your profile has been set to private which is why the system's not letting you turn your availability badge on.

I took the liberty of resetting it back to public. You may now try and turn the badge on and let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
kingtobyno
Community Member

Hello Team, 

Kindly assist in turning on the availability badge on my Upwork profile.

Thanks, 

Regards 

Hi Tobi,

If you can’t activate the badge, it is typically because your profile has been set to private or you do not have enough Connects. I went ahead and checked your account; it looks like your account is currently set to private. Please know that your profile visibility has been reset to public. You can check this help article for more information about the availability badge. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
neffervi
Community Member

Can someone explain why Upwork charged me 4 connects when my badge was off? At first I thought I forgot to turn it off, but it was charging me 7 connects and after I turned it off it's telling me that it charged me for it???Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 17.49.27.png

Hi Nino,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c1e5a96f
Community Member

Hello Everyone!

My availability badge is turned off. I have even tried enabling Freelancer Plus, but that did not help either. Additionally, the solution in the community, which suggests checking pages for solutions and asking Upwork to turn on the badge, is not working as expected. It puts me in an infinite loop of the same pages.
Chatbot automate redirects to the page that opens immediatelly in 5-10(or more) tabs on window, this is terrible. The pages are the same and has button on its center "Reset your availability badge". After ckicking on that badge nothing happens with my profile availability badge and i am getting to this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us. Even if i dont click on the reset buton it automaticly goes this https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us page which is not looks like solution. 

Thios issue has been discussed in comunity and mentioned as "Solved". The Solution also point to thisd page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us. I am sorry but this is unhelpful one. Please help me to turn my availability badge on.

P.S. I know that new freelancers availability badges can be turned off after initial 90 days if not viewd. I need help JUST TURN it ON. I found that all freelancer plus mabers anyway have badges ON, but this is also NOT TRUE.

Thansk for reading.

Regards, Artush.

Correct, it is not a true. I have Plus but disabled that useless badge to save money. This bage and Plus is separate options.

Some moderator will help you with enabling here when see this topic. Just hold on.

Hello,

sometimes, the availability badge may turn off if your available connect is not enough to keep up with it. 

You need 7 connects to turn it on i.e Upwork will be deducting 7 connects every week from your connects to keep the Availability badge on.

You can cross check your available connects to confirm.

I hope this help?

Hi Artush,

Apologies for the challenges while turning on the Availability badge. I checked your profile and can confirm that your Availability badge is already turned on now as seen here. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
92abc936
Community Member

Hi Everyone, My availability badge is off however I'm sending proposals but not getting any response. Are my proposals visible to the clients or not?

92abc936
Community Member

How do I turn ON my availability badge? 

Ahmed,

When you first click on the Jobs search page the Availabilty badge option is on the right of your screen if it is ope to you.

junaid2808
Community Member

You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable.

How to resolve this issue?

Hi JK,

It seems like you are referring to the availability badge. If you can't activate the badge, it is typically because your profile has been set to private or you do not have enough Connects. When I checked, your profile had been set to private. I've gone ahead and reset it. Could you please try again and see if it works this time? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bd7afb69
Community Member

Hi everyone

I'm new to upwork and I have a lot of challenges and I really need support

I noticed my availability batch has been serviced with 7 connects weekly and now I have turned it off because I now have only 6 connects left does it mean that my profile will not been seen or does it have a disadvantage can someone please explain it to me 

Hi Tamaratonbra Phoeb,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query. Please remember that the Availability Badge does not impact where you appear in search results, but you can attract interest from clients filtering for the badge in search results. When searching for freelancers to invite to a job, clients can filter through the Availability Badge to see who is available for work right now.

We suggest you visit this help article for more details, such as the advantages and benefits of turning your availability badge on.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d82c8c67
Community Member

Hello,

My Profile Visibility is off and is there any chance to Profile Visibility ON without paiying? 

Thank you.!

Hi Charith,

I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now. You should be able to turn on the Availability Badge now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you very much Pradeep. Really appreciate it.
Regards,
Charith
cb9c3e2d
Community Member

You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable.

This is my problem(( Please do something about it.

I spend my money looking for the first orders, and then it turns out that my account is now private. I consider it disrespectful.

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Could you please check and let us know if the issue with activating the Availability badge persists? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
arooba_janjua
Community Member

i turned off availibility badge but my connect still deducted

Hi Arooba,

I checked and saw that you've successfully turned off the badge already.  Could you please confirm when did you turn off the badge? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

9th jan 11pm

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths