🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: change country
Page options
Tilde S Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Scott,

Your country has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Ryan C Community Member

Hi Aleksander, 

Thanks for getting back to me, however my country is still locked in as united kingdom, which in turn on the next screen asks me for an english mobile (+44) instead of the Spanish version (+34).

Here is a screenshot confirming:
https://prnt.sc/te70na

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

I checked this for you and our team has already reached out to you regarding this concern. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Ryan C Community Member

Hi Upwork!

I am English living in Spain and when entering my details for my profile I gave my English details when creating my profile however when it's asking for my phone number I only have a spanish mobile (+34) not the english version (+44).

Can you please change my location to Spain? or allow me to enter my Spanish mobile.

Happy to provide proof or my English passport to prove who I am.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Jeff G Community Member

In order to change your address to the United States, you must first provide your W-9 tax information here

I then click HERE and Im asked to enter VAT info. I moved from the UK back to US and want to change my address. 

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Jeff,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Jeff G Community Member

Thanks!
Paty A Community Member

Hi! i´m new in upwork and i can´t complete my profile because i selected a wrong country and i can´t submit a real phone nummer becuase it dosen´t let me change the country. 

Hi Paty,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Paty A Community Member

I live in Mexico, thanks for your help 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Paty,

Your country has been updated to Mexico. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Paty A Community Member

thank you very much!

Skill Seeds L Community Member

I want to change my country too to Nigeria. I don't have any slightest idea how to go about this. 

MOHAMMED S Community Member

Hi,

I just created a new freelancer account. I had an old client account. Im looking for work so had to create a new freelancer account. My country is set to UNited Arab Emirates. For the time being I have enbtered my UAE address and telephone number. But Im going to be working from INDIA. Please update, if possible.  My address and number:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi MOHAMMED,

I checked and it seems that you already closed your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Donalyn F Community Member

Hi,

Please change my default country from UK to Philippines.

I can't proceed creating my profile because the country code is +44, it should be +63.

I can't also login to my "Freelance" Account because I am always directed to " https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/ "

Your immediate attention would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Donalyn,

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue with your application now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Dianne V Community Member

Please assist with my freelancer profile set up. I want to add my UK number. I have a UK number but am based in Johannesburg South Africa currently. The profile is stuck on USA and adds +1 when I try and add my expertise on the set up page. I can't receive my verification code. Your help is appreciated.

Hi Dianne,

Just to clarify, are you relocated for a longer period of time or not?
If you`re relocating for a longer period then the address will need to reflect your current location. If not, our team will update your country to UK and you can add your home address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Govan

I am in Johannesburg South Africa, I will be based here for the next 6 months or more

Hi Dianne,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Thank you for changing the country, I selected USA on the registration page. There is still a problem (see attachment), it is still picking up USA details for Johannesburg in California and the State/ province is still USA details.

Hi Dianne,

Please clear your cache and cookies, once you`ve logged in again try to add your Street Address first and then your city. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Thank you for getting back to me.

I cleared all cookies under settings in Google ( see attachement). I then tried to add my address, but, they also have 9 Vivien in California 🙂 see screenshot. It still states South Africa in Country.

I hope I cleared my cookies and cache in the right place.

Please continue to assist me.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths