🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
engel-rosario
Community Member

I have moved to US and I’m trying to update my profile, but every time I attempt to edit my address I get to my feed page

Hi Engel,

Your country has been updated to US. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I live in Spain but the signup form is stuck on US. Can you please change that for me?

Regards,
Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Your country has been updated to Spain. You may now continue adding the rest of your profile details. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
fasteastorg
Community Member

Hi, I am creating my profile on upwork, and selected a wrong country name during country selection. Can somebody please advice me how to change the country its currently showing as read only in Create Profile Page. Thanks.

FastEast O wrote:

Hi, I am creating my profile on upwork, and selected a wrong country name during country selection. Can somebody please advice me how to change the country it

The name of the country isn't the only thing that needs changing... Yours likely does too, as it's unlikely your parents called you FastEast...

Your profile must contain only true and verifyable details. How would you prove your ID when you state tat your name is FastEast from Downey in the USA? I doubt you have a passport in that name......

maybe this step can solve your problem

1.go to the profile icon and click settings.

2.scroll down to the location tab and click pencil icon.

3.there you can change the country.

hope this will work

Thank you

Hi there,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it. Kindly let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, Aleksander

I'm from Pakistan.

So, I was making an agency account by the name FastEast and in the process I found out that one has to have an individual account before making an agency account attached to that account.

How can I change the name of my profile to my actual name?

Regards,

Safeer

Hi there,

To submit a name change requests please go to Settings > Contact Info > and update your name. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

Need to change my account location from Queensland, Australia to New South Wales, Australia please. Thank you!
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ruby,

The country is correct, and to update your address go to Settings > Contact Info > Location and start typing your address on the field above "Address". You should see a drop down suggestion on your end and once you've clicked on your address everything will be auto populated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your help!

Take care,
Ruby
valueip
Community Member

I want to change my location to India. I also have change my tax details to India. I am a freelancer based out of India.

Not able to do it from anywhere.

2eb8cd38
Community Member

Hello,

I'm creating my profile on Upwork. In the location settings, for some reason the country is filled in and greyed out as the US. But my address is in India and my phone number is Indian. I haven't been able to find a solution to edit the address so far. How do I change my country in my location settings? 

Thank you. 

Hi Sudiksha,

Your country is updated as well, feel free to complete your profile now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I am unable to change the country of residence to Russia from UK in my profile creation.

Please help me

Hi Elena, and Nora,

Elena, your country has already been updated to Russia as per your request.

Nora, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
10e7add1
Community Member

Hi, I accidentally selected the wrong country while creating my profile. I live in Malaysia but I clicked on United Kingdom instead. Is there anyway I can change it?

Hi Koo,

Your country has been updated to Malaysia as requested. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rbtrsv
Community Member

Hello,

Can someone please change my country from United Kindom to Romania.

Best regards,

Robert

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Robert,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
58eb4511
Community Member

I miss clicked on the country, I cant verify my account..

I added as UK but it should be Netherlands.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mauricio,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to the Netherlands?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
58eb4511
Community Member

Yes, please. Can you change to Netherlands pls

Hi Mauricio,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lisa_woll
Community Member

Hi,

the country in my profile is wrong and I cannot change it myself, it's actually Germany, not Luxembourg. Could I please get the help of an admin?

Thanks & best regards

Lisa

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

Your country was updated as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Can someone please change my country from United Kingdom to Albania.

Best regards,

Enea

Thank you for reaching out to us, Enea. Your country was changed as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pellagia
Community Member

Goodday. I am from Zimbabwe and l am failing to verify my phone number because under location it indicates United States. Therefore, there is a United States code on my phone number. How can l edit my location. Please assist. Thank you
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pellagia Matavire,

Your country has been updated to Zimbabwe. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
pellagia
Community Member

Thank you!

Hi Pellagia,

Your country is already updated, feel free to add the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You need a number from Zimbabwe. 

Failing to edit where it's written country. How do l edit that to Zimbabwe
?

Thank you

Hi Pellagia,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that your country has already been updated to Zimbabwe. To update your account information, go to Settings  My Info (Contact Info). Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

l am failing to edit my country to Zimbabwe. Its appearing as the United States, please assist. 

Thank you

mslorrein
Community Member

I can't change it either, It is set as the USA and I am in Peru now.

Hi Lorena,

Your country has been updated to Peru.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths