🐈
» Forums » Support » Change transfer ownership of agency to anothe...
Page options
joaovictortinoco
Community Member

Change transfer ownership of agency to another member

Hi,

I would like to transfer ownership to another account.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jinat,

In general, customers can reach out to our support team if they need assistance with something like transferring ownership of their Agency. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

136 REPLIES 136

Hi Ketevan,

I see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about your agency concerns. I've submitted a follow-up to give this the attention it deserves. Kindly expect an update on your ticket here from one of the team members momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork
alcohen23
Community Member

My agency is on Upwork and I'm listed as the "company owner." We have one other active member. I'm changing jobs, so need to make the other person the "company owner" now. Plus, I'd like to remove myself as a member of the agency.

I tried chatting with Upwork's help center. They shared the following links, but they're not solving my problems.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009646473-Add-or-Remove-Agency-Members

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009646553-Agency-Settings-and-Permissions

For instance, on the Members & Permissions page, I'm not seeing an option to make my co-worker the company owner.  Plus, I'm unable to remove myself from the team.

Please help.

Hi Al,

I see you've already contacted our support team and raised a ticket about your account ownership transfer concerns. Please allow our team time to review further, and we suggest communicating with the team through that ticket so they can assist you more efficiently. You may access your ticket on this page and your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0c7eaace
Community Member

I am aware that numerous articles cover this topic, and I attempted to seek assistance from Upwork support without success. I am reaching out on behalf of a friend who lacks an account to post this inquiry:

1. An ex-employee created an agency Upwork account in 2020.

2. Unfortunately, the employee departed under unfavorable circumstances and did not share any Upwork details upon leaving the organization.

3. To recover the account, Upwork is requesting completion of a form (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000464433) that requires extensive details.

4. The challenge lies in not knowing the email ID, password, or any other information associated with the agency profile.

Could someone kindly guide me on retrieving this account?"

Hi Arun,

It looks like you are trying to recover your agency member's account. Please be informed that sharing the accounts of your agency members or trying to gain access to them is considered a TOS violation. Could you please clarify why do you wish to retrieve the account of your agency member?

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pardeep,

Thanks for your reply. Please consider that I am asking this on behalf of a friend and my friend is asking this question on his agency's behalf because they only have 1 agency Upwork account that they are not able to login (some old employee created that and now he is not in the said agency and no one knows about the login details). 

Will it be possible to have a call on this so that i can explain the specific details and my friend can also attend the call and make you understand the issue better.

Will be thankful for your help. 

Hi Arun,

Thanks for clarifying. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
873bb593
Community Member

I need to transfer my profile from earlier agency to current Agency.
I don't have access to the earlier profile or the email id associated with that profile, as I no longer work with that agency.

Hi Manish,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
667ba751
Community Member

For some reason, Upwork made it extremely difficult to create a new ticket to get their support. I can only see old closed tickets, but there's no way to create new ones.

i need to send my important support request to the support team regarding bank account issue for my agenct. Please help. No the chat bots or online help can not clear the problem.

Best regards

Hi Tarek,

We value each member's journey and aim to provide the right level of support at every stage. For personalized assistance, we invite members who have completed an Upwork Academy course or achieved a revenue milestone to reach out to our support agents. For others, our community forums are a wonderful resource for guidance and answers to common questions, and a moderator can help escalate your question if necessary. This approach ensures effective utilization of our support resources while fostering a collaborative and self-sufficient community environment.

We'd be happy to assist you with your concern. Please share more infomration and we'll gladly help you with it.

Thank you for your understanding and active participation!

~ Joanne
Upwork
667ba751
Community Member

My agency 'Enginius.org' is established in Denmark with the CVR number 44732203, and I would like to set my Danish bank account to receive our payments. For some reason, only an Egyptian bank account option is appearing on the payment page. We created the agency account in Egypt and initially used the Egyptian address; however, I registered the company in Denmark as I have residency there.

Hi Tarek,

Thank you for your message. I checked the agency account you are referring to and it appears the agency owner is located in Egypt. Due to this, you will have options to add the payment methods fro the same country only. If you wish to change the agency address to Denmark, you will need to transfer the agency ownership to your Upwork account. This will enable you to add a Danish bank account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

I couldn't change the "Owner Settings", please help.

Thank you for getting back to us, Tarek. Please request the agency owner to contact us directly to initiate the agency transfer process. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

hi PradeepH,

please support tarek to transfer the ownership to him.

Hi Mostafa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths