🐈
» Forums » Support » Client raised my hourly rate but contract sho...
Page options
data_divas
Community Member

Client raised my hourly rate but contract shows closed on my profile now.

I have an issue, something good happened and then I don't know how to take what Upwork then did. I asked for a $5/hour raise from my long term client. I got it, then when I looked at my profile I see this ongoing job is now in the completed jobs section.

There is no current job on my profile for this client. I received one message about this, Client changed the rate, no job is closed, no please leave feedback messages. I am confused? Is this how it's supposed to work? The job is still active in the time tracker.

This is the job:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

10 REPLIES 10
ArjayM

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your post. Please note that once your client changed your hourly rate, the existing contract will continue, and the new rate will take effect immediately. It's made by design to update your work history to reflect the new rate. You can check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Arjay, the article you linked in your response to Julie contains instructions for a FL who wants to lower the hourly rate on an existing contract. It has nothing to do with the question she posed. Nor does your comment address the situation she described. So, she still has no solution and any of us following along still haven't learned anything. 

data_divas
Community Member

Please check the job on my profile.  It's on the completed job page, not the jobs in process page. This is incorrect according to what you just said.  

data_divas
Community Member

I have a large job in progress that is showing in the completed jobs section of my profile since yesterday when the client changed the rate.  Could someone please look into this? 

The job title is "Research & Setup List of URLs in Tracking System", it's ongoing and NOT completed. It should be under Jobs in Progress.

Hi Julie,

Edited to correct:
The rate change takes effect immediately but will result in a temporary entry under the Completed tab. Once some hours are billed under the new rate, a new entry will show under In Progress and the old entry will be merged into it.

I understand you feel that this should not be the case so I will be happy to forward your feedback to the appropriate team for review, thank you for sharing!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks for explaining.  So a second entry for the same contract will open soon on the Jobs in progress page?  I'm concerned that this very large project is now on my profile with no opportunity for the client to add feedback.  It looks odd.

Hi Julie,

Yes, that's right. It should start showing in process when a payment has been made with that rate. Rest assured, your contract is not closed. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Can the client leave feedback for the 1st part of the contract that's now on the Completed Jobs page? I have a $17K plus contract there with zero feedback.

Julie, since it is still the same contract they'll be able to leave feedback when it is closed. You could try checking if it is eligible for Mid-Contract Feedback. 

~Andrea
Upwork
data_divas
Community Member

Thanks, for anyone following along what happened is after the first pay peirod on the new rate the whole job moved back to "Jobs In Progress" at the new rate.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths