🐈
» Forums » Support » Client refuse to pay after I completed the pr...
Page options
b723a72a
Community Member

Client refuse to pay after I completed the project successfully

**Edited for Community Guidelines** asks me to contact **Edited for Community Guidelines** .

And then I contacted **Edited for Community Guidelines**  via telegram.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

and then he offered a project to type 187 pages document on behalf of the Sharethrough company and he told me I can get the payment right after I finished my project. But after I submit the project to their company email. After I submitted a project to their email they ask me to pay $220 to create an ID and then only they will pay the payment.

This Sharethrough after I told them about this. They now say " You need to go discuss it with him okay. There's no need of messaging us here please go discuss with him how much you can afford and stop texting here okay" What can I do to get my payment ? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sofia2008
Community Member

You need to familiarize yourself on how things work on Upwork. You violated 2 important Terms of Service by communicating outside of Upwork and by planning to receive payment outside of Upwork and risk your account being suspended.

You worked for a project you were not hired for, and a real client will never ask you to pay fees to receive your payment.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sofia2008
Community Member

You need to familiarize yourself on how things work on Upwork. You violated 2 important Terms of Service by communicating outside of Upwork and by planning to receive payment outside of Upwork and risk your account being suspended.

You worked for a project you were not hired for, and a real client will never ask you to pay fees to receive your payment.

Thank you for the assistance I'm new to this kind of work and this is my first freelance experience. I'll do as you explained.

0a3106f6
Community Member

I have the same problem, I am new here on Upwork and I received a message instructing me to message  **Edited for Community Guidelines** on Telegram. I did and after I sent my finished work of 200 pages to them, they are now asking me to pay $350 to create an employee private portal for me to receive the payment. This company also told me that they are from  **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Hi Irish,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I have forwarded your report to the relevant team to review the flagged client and take action accordingly. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths