🐈
» Forums » Support » Contract Missing - Cannot Access Escrow Funds...
Page options
993c8fcd
Community Member

Contract Missing - Cannot Access Escrow Funds - Customer Support is Not Helping

I started a contract with a Freelancer for a ghostwriting project here on Upwork back in July of this year. We agreed and set up three milestones, the first of which was paid out the same day for the work that was delivered on July 20th, and I also put $350 into the Upwork escrow account on the same day for the next milestone. The next milestone was not due until August 18th.

Fast forward to August 17th when I log into Upwork to check in with the Freelancer, and I find that I cannot access the Contract page. (see attached screenshots) My Freelancer also reached out to me to tell me that he can't access the page on his account as well and had opened a ticket with Customer Support.

My Freelancer followed up with me a few days later to let me know that he has not gotten any resolution to his request. This leads me to open a request with Customer Support on August 21st, and I was assigned request #36550887. During my communications with Remylou, I explained that I cannot access the contract, neither can my Freelancer, and there are funds in escrow that I wanted to make sure I had access to.

Remylou told me that they were looking into it, and he or she would send me an update as soon as they had one. I would check back every few weeks, and the response from Remylou would remain the same--he would ask for an update with the Technical Support Team. 

I'm sure he's asked them several times by now, but to not have received a resolution or any attempt at follow up in over 2 months is nothing but poor customer service, poor technical support, and overall a terrible experience for myself as a Client who was using Upwork for the first time.

I do not know whether I'll be able to recover the escrow funds at this point, as the issue continues to be dragged out with no real help. I'm not sure who else I can reach out to for help; Upwork's customer support phone line (866.262.4478) directs us to utilize their customer support site online and provides no outlet to get in contact with a human representative. 

contractpage_1.pngcontractpage_2.png**Edited for Community Guidelines**

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get this issue resolved, please know that you're very much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Lynda,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members will be updating this support ticket momentarily. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
993c8fcd
Community Member

Thank you Arjay for your response.

The support rep assigned to my case, Remylou, did reach out afterwards to let me know that they have, again, asked for an update with the Technical Support Team, with a promise to give an update once they've received feedback. I understand that with an international customer base as large as Upwork's that your Technical Support Team is very likely inundated with requests for help; at this point I suppose a canned response is better than no response.

With renewed patience and gratitude while waiting for a resolution, I can only thank the Technical Support Team while they work on it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths