🐈
» Forums » Support » Delete team member and change contact person ...
Page options
softonic_admin
Community Member

Delete team member and change contact person to another user

I need to delete a member but a message/pop-up appears:
Those team members are currently assigned as the primary contact person on active contracts and can't be removed. Please update all contracts referencing these team members to a different contact person before you remove them from the team.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Moritz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
NikolaS

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us, I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e797b105
Community Member

Hello - I am also having this issue - can you share the solution or do I also need a ticket opened?

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8328790b
Community Member

Hi Nikola, i am having the same issue. can you create a ticket for me as well?

Hi Moritz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2774a8d8
Community Member

Hi Nikola, can you help me as well? I need to remove a person, i removed him as main contact, but still i have the same notice "The following team members are currently assigned as the primary contact person on active contracts and their hiring permissions can't be edited. Please update all contracts referencing these team members to a different contact person before changing their hiring permissions."

Please help me, thank you

Hi Alessio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey Nikola, we have the same issue, but we want to restrict some actions to the current primary contact and assign someone else from our team as the new primary contact. Please assign us a ticket. Thanks in advance. 

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm the company name you are referring to? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
0bc984db
Community Member

Hello

We facing the same issue. Kindly let us know how to solve this. This pop's up:

"Update member permissions

The following team members are currently assigned as the primary contact person on active contracts and their hiring permissions can't be edited. Please update all contracts referencing these team members to a different contact person before changing their hiring permissions."

Regards

Hi Donat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello - we are facing the same issue. Can you please help?

Hi Heather,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties changing the contact person on your account. However, It looks like you're currently being assisted by one of our knowledgeable agents via chat and raised a support ticket. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through a single ticket on this page so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
adf19559
Community Member

For everyone else wondering why this isn't documented. You're not alone.

go to team settings, members & permissions you will see contractor there. Go to contractor ... option and update the contract main contact person. Worked for me. May not work for you, but at least it's a start to documenting this issue. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths