🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

838 REPLIES 838
f551219b
Community Member

I have got my first project approved on Upwork. I have installed the Time Tracker Desktop app. 

When I key in my credentials and try to start the app, it says "one moment please" and nothing happens. App just stuck there. 

Here's what I did to make sure I do not have any of system related issues:

1) I have tried all versions Windows 32 bit/64 bit, beta versions as well. But I get the same status. 

2) I tried in multiple computers, not just one. Still not able to get through. 

I have attached a video of what is happening when I try to login to the app to this message. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please help  on this as my client is waiting for me to get started immediately. 

Hi Srihari,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once this is done try to log in with your username or email. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

Great....followed your suggestion...It worked.

Thanks a bunch ! ! !

2a79ffe0
Community Member

I am runnning OS 10.11.6 El Capitan. I instailled the Upwork Desktop App and proceeded to log in using my Google account. Atfer I do this, I get a "one moment please" message. This goes for a very long time and then times out. I have tried several times, reboot,etc. Same issues exist. Can you please help me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron,

Could you please disable Google Sign-In on your account Settings>Connected Services? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
877097db
Community Member

Hi, I am new to upwork and trying to start time tracking on an offer. However, when I download the desktop app for my mac and try to login it will just keep saying "One moment please" as it loads and will never load or log me in properly. I even tried deleting cookies but nothing really changed. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cristin,

Please disable Google Sign-In on your account Settings>Connected Services and try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
877097db
Community Member

Worked, thank you!!

c54b8ba3
Community Member

I'm trying to login it shoes redirecting wait a moment but not processed further..

Hi Rushikesh,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google Account. If you`re still experiencing any problems after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I go into setting and try to disconnet they say "By disconnecting, you will now use your Upwork ID,"

Where I should find my Upwork ID

Hi Rushikesh,

Once you disconnect your Google account you can log in with your Username (you can view it by clicking on your name at the top right corner) or your email. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks,disabling Google account was the key to solve this.

Thanks a lot , I appreciate your help

jl771n
Community Member

Hi,

Good day. It's my 1st time here in Upwork and been sending proposals for a few months now. Upwork has set my account to private. Fortunately, I got hired. I need help. I downloaded the time tracker no problem. I signed in but keeps on saying "one moment" not doing anything. I hope you can help me.

Jenny

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jenny,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post:

• go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google Account. If you`re still experiencing any problems after this, let me know. 

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. It's working now. Stay healthy and stay safe.

sazzad0071
Community Member

Hello there, Today I tried several times to log into my desktop app in order to track my working hour. I failed to log in and tracking. My account is connected with my google account. I am not sure - is it that only reason or what ?? because every time its giving a pop up message to wait . I have been waiting for whole day, I restart my pc,I restart upwork app, I clear cache data. could you please anybody can help me to fix this ???

Hi Mohammad,

Please disconnect your Google account and try to log in with your email or username. If you`re still experiencing any problems on your end, please share the text for the error message you`re seeing on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Now its solved 

a68a4796
Community Member

I can't log into the desktop app, the app redirects after I input my email and password but it never finishes or concludes the log in. The message is "one moment..." forever.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelly,

Please disable Google Sign-In on your account Settings>Connected Services. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
9529caa8
Community Member

I need some help for my app to work correctly, since I can not  begin counting hours in my first contract. 

Please help me to find some solution. 

Respectfully, Yael G.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yael,

Please disable Google Sign-In on your account Settings>Connected Services and try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bworden924
Community Member

Just completed a project for a client, need to send in my hours and completion.

downloaded and installed the desktop application

have attempted to logon to the desktop application and it just sits with a "One Moment Please" dialog box indefinitely.

Can I please get some assistance please?

oasis_it
Community Member

Hi Goran,
I'm facing the same issue. I failed to find "Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account"  that you mentioned. I'm attaching a screenshot.  
Regards,
Mobarak

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mobarak,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
4ee734e9
Community Member

Thanks for this one, It WORKED!!!

4ee734e9
Community Member

Hello I have installed the Upwork desktop APP, and It never opens.

When I try to login it has a window saying "one moment please" and it never stops.

Has this ever happened to you?

How can I bill projects If I cannot use the app?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Hi Douglas,

Please go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. After that, kindly login using the App with your Upwork email and userID. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Can anyone help me? My upwork app doesnt want to log in. I have installed and uninstalled the 4 windows version but it doesnt work

Hi Edward Allan,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Upwork Desktop App. Could you please share with me more information about the issue so we can check this for you? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I also didn't connect to the Upwork desktop app suddenly, all information was not updating even if I was tracking time.

so I cleared the cache and restart app but appeared white empty screen.

It was solved for me by using a VPN. 🙂

VPN which application did you use?
In my case its not going ahead after the Login Screen itself.. It just gets
stuck.

I cleared the cache and tried it again still the same no progress.

It was not important which VPN app I used. I thought this problem was up to your location.

I know my location has many variant conditions for internet connection. But nowadays, I frequently got more non-accessible to Upwork for both a site and a desktop app than before.

Could you check all other users on your location have the same issues?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sunil,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
eb9651e5
Community Member

Yes I tried the steps mentioned and opened Upwork Application and it worked
perfectly fine.
After disabling I had to provide the same Gmail credentials and it worked
fine.

Thanks for the help.
eb9651e5
Community Member

I also have a pretty similar issue. I have restarted the system and the app as well several times still the same issue. Once I open it starts asks for the credentials and after that nothing happens. Its stays in the below screen AS IS.

Upwork_App_Version.png

Upwork_App_Error.png

Can anyone help on this.

Thanks,

Sunil

Hi Sunil,

Please go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. After that, kindly login using the App with your Upwork email and userID. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

can anyone please help me. as my desktop app aint opening. it keeps on redirecting but not logging in. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths