🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

840 REPLIES 840

Hi Edward Allan,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In.

Afterward, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi alex. Thanks . it's working now

d3a7f66a
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to login from Google SSO on the desktop app, however, I can use the SSO on my mobile device and the website. Please help, I need the time tracker for my projects. Thanks.

Hi Ajay,

Please go to settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once done, try to log in with your email or username. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran.

Will I require to follow these steps each time I load the application? I want to use SSO as well.

Hi Ajay,

Our engineering team is aware of the problem and is working on implementing a permanent fix as soon as possible. Once this is resolved, you will be able to use the SSO as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aba16005
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team!

I need help with my account! I needed to start working but my time tracker keeps giving me a message "one moment please". I have already uninstalled and reinstalled upwork time tracker. I've isolated the problem by logging into a friend's computer who is also a freelancer, she was able to log into the time tracker fine but my upwork account is not working. HELP!!!!!

I have attached a screenshot of the error below as well as my system properties

Hi Beverly,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post here:

• Please go to settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. Once done, try to log in with your email or username. 

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I can't connect to the desktop app

Once I enter my google login details it's stuck on loading

I don't see access to a setting page since I'm not in yet

Hi Alice,

Please go to settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account, then try to log in with your email or username. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
maseelro
Community Member

Under the situation mentioned in the subject, how can I log my hours worked. This is my first job on Upwork. Please help me.

Attached the screenshot where it gets stuck. 

If the client enabled manual time, and you already worked the hours, you would need to enter them manually by using the add manual time button. My recommendation would be that you work with Upwork to get this fixed so that it's ready to go before you start working on a project as manual time is not guaranteed protection. But in all 50 jobs that I've done, I've never had a client dispute my hours, so not the end of the world if you need to enter manual time. 

Thanks David. Got it. Isn't there any reliable solution to it? Can't it be fixed? Who can fix this issue? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mansoor,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Feel free to follow up with us here if you need further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
maseelro
Community Member

Thank you. It worked.
32ce6574
Community Member

Hi! I think I am having a problem with desktop app on my Windows PC. I downloaded the app but when I try to sign in it wouldn't connect. What should I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yana,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you
afcda04c
Community Member

Hello,

I can't log in to the desktop app. Once I sign in with my e-mail, a blank window pops up saying "One moment please...". Could you please tell me what to do? Also, I deleted the app and installed it again and it's the same. Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stefan, Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists.

~ Avery
Upwork
b6d13226
Community Member

Hi! i am having the same problem, and yes i am trying to  log in with my google account.

At least my message is not ''having problems'' but it says something like ''loading'' but it never loads. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria, 

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d2c24428
Community Member

I cannot log in to my account using the desktop app. I use sign in with google. I need help ASAP as I want to accept a job offer.

Hi Mennatullah,

You can log in via browser and accept your offer at any moment. 
I would also suggest going to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. If you`re still experiencing any problems after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
afcda865
Community Member

Hi there. I can't seem to make the desktop app work for me. I am able to log in and everything, but that's about it. The splash page just keeps saying "Redirecting - one moment please." Help me please. I am running on a 64bit standard version of the app.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jo,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
afcda865
Community Member

Thank you so much. It worked!
7c427c55
Community Member

Hello. I have just installed the Desktop App for Mac for the first time, and I am having trouble logging in.  After typing my email and password (I am logging in using Google), it says "One moment please..." and nothing happens. I tried to re-install the app a few times and to update my OS X version as well, but still no luck. Havn't found any information about this issue on the support page. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for you help,

Noa.

So apparently this is a known issue and some other users have had trouble logging in to the desktop app the same way. After disconnecting my Google account from my Upwork account I could finally successfully log-in to the app. 

abuhtoyarov
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue as well.

Hi Artem,

Have you tried to disable Google Sign-In in your account Settings>Connected Services? If not, please do that and then try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
khaledamir_seo
Community Member

Track time with the desktop app cannot login.... its alwase loading and loading and loading .....

My PC 32 bit but not working. then every varsion i check

Hi Khaled,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In? Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Wow.... 

Its realy working...... Thanks a lot

bb08db9b
Community Member

I tried to login Upwork desktop app but when I logged in, it kept me waiting at redirect screen (one moment please...) and can't go any further. So I can't log in Upwork desktop app. 

I have just resolved this issue by stop using sign in with google by unlinked it from google account.

fc967e10
Community Member

Hello! I am new to Upworks- I am having an issue getting the decktop app to work. It loads just fine- but when I try to open the app it seems to get "stuck" (see screenshot image I attached) - I have tried to unistall and reinstall several times- I have tried to run it as "Admin" - no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks!

Ed

Hi Edward,

Please go to Settings > connected services > and disconnect your Google account. Once this is done, try to log in with your username or email. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
002cf6e2
Community Member

I have installed the desktop version of the application and when i tried to login, after clicking submit on login, the page is loading forever.

ffab9573
Community Member

I have the same issue

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths