🐈
» Forums » Support » Desktop App Google Log In error
Page options
Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

840 REPLIES 840

Hi Moalla,

Please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your google account. Once this is done try to log in again to your desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
uysimty
Community Member

I have problem login to Upwork desktop on my Mac laptop. 
I take forever to login. I think it might related to google sign in that I connected with 

Hi Uysim,

Please disable Google Sign-In on your account Settings > Connected Services and try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
db2d44ce
Community Member

I have downloaded the upwork desktop app. However, I cannot log in. I have entered correct info and yet the loading time took forever. I have delete and reinstall the application but the problem is still the same.

Quick assistance is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Login to your account on the Upwork website. Go to settings. On the left side, go to connected services and disable google sign-in.

b6fcb0a0
Community Member

Hi, i just downloaded the desktop app but after i enter my login info with google to login, it says one moment please.... and doesn't log me in. I have reinstalled the app several times to try and fix the issues but nothing is working, please help me.

Hi Ethan,

Please go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. After that, kindly login using the App with your Upwork email and userID. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dikeshj
Community Member

I tried reinstalling my desktop app thrice but still experiencing the same problem. It hangs after loggin in, there is just a blank white screen with no buttons - nothing.

Can someone please guide me further?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dikesh,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a0411e61
Community Member

Hi,
I installed the desktop app and trying to log in. I usually use google sign in but it is not working and my username is showing incorrect in the app. what should I do ?

Hi Mahzerin,

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rinkubairagi
Community Member

Hi there, 

I tried to sign in by time tracker app. But, after getting password and my google account it's loading all day long. I tried, which I found in the community. But, it didn't work. Please, help asap.

Thanks in advance. 

Rinku

Hi Rinku,

Please go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. After that, kindly login using the App with your Upwork email and userID. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
2111931d
Community Member

I have started working on Upwork as a freelancer, to log my hours i downloaded the desktop app but everytime i login on the desktop app, it shows loading-one moment please and then it doesn't loads up even for hours..how do i solve this or is there any way to log hours online

Hi Smita,

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
f8ee8fb3
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to start my time tracking app from past month and it is not starting. I uninstalled and than installed again but still not working?

Never proceed from this pointNever proceed from this point

Hi Ansar,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Why is this process not being fixed by now? 76 pages of the same issue, being asked to disconnect the Google account would not solve the issue as I can't login using my email and password, my user IS the Google account so can't use email address and pass, they are not recognised separately. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Adi,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

All good now, Goran, thanks. I think it's worth mentioning that if a member has subscribed with Google ID they can't use their user/pass combination in UpWork. So it would be good, after disconnecting the Google signin, to reset your UpWork password (by choosing Forgot password). Then they should be able to login with user and pass and after that connect Google again.

thefalife
Community Member

I'm having issues with logging in to the Upwork Desktop App. I've disconnected and reconnected my google sign. I've deleted and re-downloaded the application. Still continue to have the issue of being stuck in the processing login page. 

Hi Karalee,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
d54d19b8
Community Member

Greetings,

I have the similar issue. I am login on browser but unable to login to desktop app. When I choose sign in with google, it remains on 'please wait' and does not proceed. Screenshot is attached.

Hi Hamayun,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes. The issue is resolved. Highly appreciate the guidance.

Hamayun Toor.

samuel_bakley
Community Member

A fellow freelancer said he is unable to log into upwork using google SSO and he is unable to contact support without logging in. What is the best method for him to contact support?

Hi Samuel,

Could you please have your friend login to his Upwork account via browser, and go to Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate his Google from his Upwork account. Once done, please have him try logging in through the app with his Upwork credentials. If the issue persists, please let us know so that we can assist him further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Hicham,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
839cbfaa
Community Member

I also cannot login in either!! Please help asap. thank you!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To reset your security question or password, please fill in the account recovery form on this page. This will automatically create a support ticket, and one of our agents will assist you in regaining access to your account. If further help is needed for your account, please send me a private message with more information so that I can take a look.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
95c090ae
Community Member

Hi,

I signed up with Google SignIn. And then I set a new password. But then I can't login with my own password. When I insert my email address, I get a message : "This email address uses Google Sign-In.", and then I can only signin with Google or hit the button "Not you ?".

Please how can I sign in with my own password ?

Hi Fabrice,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
harold_u
Community Member

Hello Upwrok Team,
I am unable to login via Google or with my Gmail. The page will not get past "Continue With Google."

The Raw Response that I get back is:

{"success":0,"alerts":{"input":{"password":[{"message":"Oops! Password is incorrect.","generic":1}]}},"eventCode":"wrongPassword"}

I think I typed in an incorrect password or security question, but I am not sure. I also tried the Mobile App and get the same issue.

How can I fix this login problem and what other information do you need?

Thanks,

Hi Harold,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
leopold_faye
Community Member

Hello,

For days now I have been having an issue that causes my incapacity to fulfill my professional obligations. My upwork tracker app does not log me in. I have joined to this message the picture of the message I keep receiving when I try to log in.

Kindly help.

Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Leopold, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further with login into your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f1f9392e
Community Member

The Upwork desktop app doesn't login with google, pls help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Camilo,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Feel free to follow up on this thread and confirm if you were able to log in or if you need further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork
brookemaaa
Community Member

I have a google account and i cant sign in. I have contrators waiting for me. I cant post a help sticker as i cannot log into my account !!!!

HELP 

michellekperez
Community Member

So, I recently disconnected Google suite from my email address and now I am unable to sign in to my account. However, my email address remains the same. Is there any way to sign in to my account without using Google sign in? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths