🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct contract payment issue
Page options
a_moudud
Community Member

Direct contract payment issue

My clients can not process payment invitation for direct contract. It says. We are sorry we are facing some technical problem and cannot process your request right now. What is going on?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bilal,

As basic troubleshooting, your client could try clearing their cache and cookies or using a different browser. If that doesn't help, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
d628fbd2
Community Member

• I had sent my client direct contract, she tried to pay and money left her account but I didn't received. Direct contract payment is not working. I'm not receiving payments

Hi Fahad,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
d628fbd2
Community Member

I'm still waiting 

riyazmuhammadk
Community Member

My direct contract is paused suddenly. It says "Your contract has been paused due to a pending issue". May I know what is the pending issue and how can I solve it please?

Hi Muhammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
idl99
Community Member

A prospective client is unable to add a payment method and accept a direct contract due to this error. The full error says,"Unfortunately your browser or extension are preventing us from updating payment information. Please try to change browser or disable all browser extensions". Disabling all browser extensions and using different browsers (Safari and Chrome) did not work. Please create a support ticket and assign a support agent to follow up on this issue urgently.

Hi Ilhan,

We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6be383e77320947d
Community Member

Why do i keep getting this error when i try to make a pyment: Unfortunately your browser or extensions are preventing us from updating your payment information. Please try to change browser or disable all browser extensions?

I clered everything, changed browsers and still doesnt work. 

Lacramioara,

Clear your cookies, cache, and plugins.

I did all of these for hours now and still doesnt work. I got answer to my ticket that the issue has been solved buy=t it's still not working. Lots of people have problems with payments for direct contracts.

I DONT KNOW what to do anymore

Lacramioara,

If the issue is still not solved, let Support know it's not solved. Any screenshots sent to them with details speeds the process.

Hi Lacramioara,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I saw that you already submitted a support ticket to our team. Please allow them time to review and assist you directly through your support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
adam_kumancik
Community Member

Hi Joanne.

What is going on today that several people have their financial accounts suspended without any reason? Several complaints have been raised but so far no answer from Upwork.

0648a1ad
Community Member

I sent an Upwork contract to my client and he's having a hard time processing the payment. It says "We are sorry we are facing some technical problems and cannot process your request right now". This is very urgent I resolved this. I am highly frustrated. What is going on?

Hi Oluyemi,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble faced by your client. Could you please request your client to contact us so that we can investigate and troubleshoot the issue directly with them? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
3e793f5c
Community Member

The original issue is resolved however as my client tried to process the payment this morning to initiate a Direct Contract, they got the following error:

'We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.'

3e793f5c_0-1708961206619.png

Any idea if this is a minor glitch or a sign of a bigger problem?

I have reported it as a support ticket, anyway. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Thanks,

Shailesh

003681f371d637b7
Community Member

I'm not able to pay a direct contract using my debit card nor PayPal, each time I try to pay this error pops up.

Hope I can get a solution asap.

Hi Saran,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7d9d0d70
Community Member

Hello Upwork Staff,

I want to bring this into your notice that the clients are unable to pay with direct contracts.

grafik.png

this issue is there since yesterday, clients changed the browser and clear cache as well. 
nothing worked.

please fix this ASAP.

Hi Mubashir,

I'm sorry to hear you're client is having trouble funding the contract. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
69faafddf3e328be
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I am still having the same issue as below.

Can you please assist?

Thanks,

Matthew

I also am unable to create a support ticket. Your Chat is just an AI bot and there are no links on the site to create a support ticket. It seems like falling into an active conversation on the community is the only way.

I am trying to pay for a Direct Contract that was sent to me and the payment fails to go through every time. I have cleared my cookies and did the other recommended items however, I get this same message every time "The payment method you submitted could not be authorized. Please try using another one or contact Customer Support."
I made sure all the address information is correct in the billing section of my Upwork account.

I really need help so I can finish the project with the contractor.

Thank you,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you as well. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
irfanullah-khan
Community Member

Hey there. My upwork direct contract payment is not showing in earning. Yesterday it was showing. But today the direct contract payment is not showing in earning. Why is that? The upwork policy update is attached 

Hi Irfanullah,

~ Joanne
Upwork
y_yakimenko
Community Member

Hello, UpWork community,

First, it is very frustrating that I can not get real human support to resolve my issue. UpWork chatbot is a complete nightmare. 🙄

I've been working with the client starting from February and everything went smoothly. However, starting from the 19th of March the client doesn't have an option to activate the new milestone and fund it for me. So, our work has stuck.

The new update to work with direct contract will apply after the 22nd of April. So, it means that they still should be able to fund the milestone.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Thank you!

i am facing the same issue, why would they do away with the agents yet we cant get real answers from the sicj chatbot??

Hi Yelyzaveta,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c0478c8b
Community Member

I have been endeavoring to establish a direct payment contract for a client of mine since yesterday morning. However, I have encountered persistent obstacles as Upwork continues to cite technical difficulties that have persisted since yesterday. This ongoing issue is becoming increasingly frustrating. I kindly request urgent attention to resolve this matter promptly.

Hi Janet,

We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and your client. I can see that you've submitted a support ticket already. Please allow time for our team to check and update you directly through your support ticket. One of our agents will assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6c3b9773
Community Member

Dear Upwork,

I'm reaching out to report an issue regarding my direct contract. I created a contract with a milestone and sent it to the client. The client funded the milestone and released the payment, but the contract became archived. Could you please advise on how to resolve this? Is this normal, as I have not received my payment yet?

Hi Mohamed Amine,

I checked your account and saw you've already submitted a support ticket to our team. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

For fixed projects it’s normal that a client funds a milestone and release
payment once the project is completed and acceptable. A contract is between
the client and the Upworker stipulating their requirements and conditions
which you must comply. In your case it was you who created the contract and
supposedly accepted by the client.

Anyway, I don’t think the archived contract should hinder payment. Only,
Upwork can give reasons for holding payment or release it.

I hope you receive payment soon for your time and effort.

Regards.

Enrique
sergioh89
Community Member

I used to work with direct contracts for clients that are not on the platform. normally funds were available immediatly after approval and I could withdraw them without an issue.

At the end, we brought that client to Upwork and we already have their trust, so it makes sense that funds are immediatly release and that was the ONLY perk to use Direct Contracts, it was a good trade off for bringing new clients to the platform.

Now, I read the changes that Upwork implemented in March 19th 2024, but nowhere in that page says that now your funds will be held HOSTAGE for five days after being "released", today is a Thursday and if the Direct Contract would fuction as usual I would get my money tomorrow, but now I have to wait until next Wednesday, screwing me over with HIDDEN changes.

These are not normal contracts, we're bringing OUR clients to your platform, and you should've state CLEARLY that you were going to held hostage my funds after release, I could've use a different method and avoid this nonsensical way of treating your freelancers that are bringing potential clients to your platform, because I've been punished for trusting you.

I didn't use your platform to find my client, a Direct Contract shouldn't be treated as if and funds should still be immediate after release or at least STATE it CLEARLY on you changes page, because it is a HUGE change for a lot of us.

450e2e04
Community Member

IMG_20240403_144844.jpg

My client is unable to fund the 2nd milestone since he is not able to find an option to fund it. Because of which my milestone is showing as inactive and I am not able to continue the work. I am using direct contract for fixed price jobs.

First milestone was successfully funded and I received payment for it but now client is not able to fund the next milestone since there is no option to fund the second milestone. I have attached screenshot of it.

IMG_20240402_230740.jpg

Please help me.

Hi Govind,

I see that you reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about your milestone funding concerns. Please allow our team time and you will get an update from one of the team members once your case is thoroughly reviewed. Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team if you need further assistance; they'll gladly help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
450e2e04
Community Member

No one has reached out to me, and I am unable to find my ticket. In fact, I never raised a ticket. It seems like the support chatbot raised a ticket when I was texting about the problem. Can anyone here please help me out with this issue? 

My client is getting these screens on his side . As you can see it is not showing any option to fund this project. He is not able to access the direct contract itself so that he can click on review and pay button. Please Upwork support reach out to me.

450e2e04_0-1712151773852.jpeg

450e2e04_1-1712152034921.png

Hi Govind, 

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket and shared additional information. You can access your ticket on this pagePlease consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
450e2e04
Community Member

Yes someone had reached out to mem I got an email for that. But he said that my client has to raise a ticket or service request. This is not solution. 

I am thinking it as uoworj changed there terms about contracts and about contract initiation fee. My contract was initiated well before 19 th March ( from when upwork changed there terms). So very smartly upwork has made my old contract invisible and it is not showing to client hence he is unable to fund it. Now only option remaining is to initiate a new contract by paying contract inititaion fee. So that's really distressing for both new clients and customers. 

Hi,

The issue persists despite my client reaching out to Upwork support. The response received was similar to mine - lacking personalized attention and failing to address the underlying problem with the contract.

I've recently discovered that Upwork has updated its terms, including the introduction of contract initiation fees for newer direct contracts. It seems Upwork may have intentionally rendered older direct contracts inactive, making them invisible to the client.

Now, could someone please advise me on how I or my client can close this contract without negatively impacting my Job Success Score (JSS)?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths