🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct contract
Page options
badorl
Community Member

Direct contract

I tried to login into my account today to send someone who wanted to give me a job outside upwork a direct contract proposal, but to my disappointment I notice Direct contract is not functioning on my account again? What could be the cause?

Could it be that the upgrade/maintenance that upwork team want to carry out is the reason it's not functional, or the feature has been axed from my account.

Please I need a quick response.

Thanks
Regards
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Constantin,

I would like to clarify that the process you're referring to is working as designed. 

With Direct Contracts, you can create and send contract proposals to your clients that don't have Upwork accounts. Your client will be asked to create an Upwork account. Just like your other contracts on Upwork, your client deposits project funds in escrow before the contract starts. When you've completed the work, you'll request payment from your client.

To learn more about how Direct contracts work and how to manage them, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

202 REPLIES 202

Hi Haider,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
m_umeryounis
Community Member

Hello to Upwork Community, 

I had 2 Direct Contracts that got canceled by Upwrok Customer Support on 22 April 2024. 
As per the guidelines, the money should have been returned to my client from Upwork Escrow by 22 April 2024, but as of today 2 May 2024, nothing has arrived in my client's account. I have already done the work and the assignment is complete, but Upwork Escrow from the looks of it has the money.

I then created a new contract with the same client email, my client as instructed has created the Upwork account on the email and now Upwork asks him to pay the entire sum again along with the additional fees. The client is willing to pay, however, there is nothing in the account when the guidelines and everything else say the money should have been returned by 22 April 2024 (Or within 5 business days). I have seen the client's bank statement and the money isn't there. 

Something to add is, my client didn't have an Upwork account when these two contracts were created. 

And there is no way to contact Upwork support on this matter. The support seems to be down so I can't talk to a speciality on this matter. I have been trying to reach them out via all support options for 2 days and all the say is there is a technical problem please try in a minute. 

What should I do? Any advice on the matter would be highly appreciated. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025040794-Direct-Contracts-with-clients

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths