🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not recei...
Page options
ashiffinance
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

i was transfer balance on 29.02.2023 through direct bank payment. but still not received the balance in my bank. what should i do Now?? please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,149 REPLIES 1,149
drazen-huterer
Community Member

Hi, today is eight business days since my withdrawal of bonus on May 2nd and money did not reach my bank account. Is anyone going to respod to this message and perhaps help me? thank you

Hi Drazen,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the funds in your account. Since they could still show up today, on your bank account or on your Upwork account, could you please allow the day to pass and come back if you still haven't received your funds?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, thank you for replying. I will wait to Monday cause its now weekend coming and reply to this message again if nothing changes. So far no money yet.

Hi Drazen, we are currently experiencing the same issue. May I ask if you have successfully received your funds? 

6fcafdae
Community Member

Hello, can I request to select a different method for withdrawal. It seems my withdrawal hasn't been processed yet and it's been 5 days. I need the money for something important and I didn't knew that withdrawal using local bank have a lot of process. Can I withdraw with my paypal instead if it hasn't been processed yet please. Ref ID 580307071

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
mubeenqazi
Community Member

I have recently withdrawn payment in my local account directly, but it's not credited yet; it's been around 4-5 days. 
Usually, it takes around 1-2 hours to get credited. 
Also, I am unable to open a customer support ticket.

Hi Mubeen,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
bibiana-ramos
Community Member

my bank did not receive the transfer of my payment.

hello, yesterday I decided to download my payment directly to my local bank, but my money is not showing up, today I went personally to my bank and they are asking me for the tracking number so that my bank can help me, please help me with this, I am asking for your kind assistance.

my bank did not receive the transfer of my payment.

hello, yesterday I decided to download my payment directly to my local bank, but my money is not showing up, today I went personally to my bank and they are asking me for the tracking number so that my bank can help me, please help me with this, I am asking for your kind assistance.

Hi Bibiana, please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know, and we will assist you further. Please also note that bank holidays in the U.S. and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~Andrea
Upwork
aishak344
Community Member

Hi,

Hope you guys are doing great.

So I recently added a new bank account to my Direct to Local Bank Transfer list, and when I made a withdrawal of $350 a few days ago, it hasn't been processed yet. I've waited out the time of four business days, and I haven't even received a notification that says "Your payment has been processed." Please let me know if there has been any error on my end and what might the problem be.

I know I'm supposed to wait 8 days before sending a complain, but I'd just like to know if there has been a delay or if I accidentally sent my cash to some other account. Thanks!

Regards,

Mawra

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mawra,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Andrea,

Thanks so much! Good day!

rahularchitect
Community Member

I took the amount out on the 12th and today it is the 15th the amount for the transaction is still not added to my local bank account.

please look into this issue and get back ASAP.
Thankyou

It can take up to 5 days (working days, not calendar days) for money to reach your account, this is entirely up to the bank, not up to UpWork.  From experience I know that UpWork transfers immediately.

One issue I can see is that you transferred the money on a Friday, depending on the time of day you processed the transaction this can cause additional delays at the bank (stupid? absolutely).  I never transfer funds on a Friday, I transfer them on Monday early morning instead which means that the funds arrive in my account by Tuesday, latest Wednesday (so 1-2 days post transfer).  Money transferred on a Friday can take up to a week to arrive (usually Thursday or the following Friday), this is due to antiquated banking systems, not UpWork.

Actually some things I can add here, when you perform a transfer, UpWork will email you twice:

1. The first email is called Payment Confirmation this is a confirmation that you have requested a payment, this usually arrives within minutes from giving the instructions on UpWork.

2. The second email is called Your Payment Has Been Processed this is the confirmation that UpWork has made the payment you requested and contains details of the bank, exchange rate, amount, etc. this is usually a few hours after the confirmation email and this is effective after UpWork has made the payment.

If you have received both emails then UpWork has done its part, the only party to contact after this is your local bank.

sameer_k20
Community Member

Took out the payment on 10th may and Today is 15th May, still haven't received the payment in my bank account.

This is the first time it happened, otherwise upowrk used to process the payment instantly or in a day or so.

Ref ID- 581681035

Please help regarding this.

Thanks

Hi Sameer,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Received the payment.

Thanks

drazen-huterer
Community Member

Hi, I already wrote this message last week. On May 2nd I have requested funds (bonus) to my local bank but money never reached my account. I waited eight business days and there is still no money. Please reply and help. Reference ID is 579517861. Thank you!

Hi Drazen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
efedc388
Community Member

Please i made a withdrawal to my local bank account and it hasn't reflected or shown anything 

450f33eb
Community Member

I made 2 transfers to my wise account but the transfers got canceled. I want to know when the money will go back to upwork so I can send it to another account.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transactions you're referring to were successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers may take up to 4 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
450f33eb
Community Member

Thank you. Now I received the money in my account. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths