🐈
» Forums » Support » Which bank does Upwork use for Direct to Loca...
Page options
Ashif N Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

i was transfer balance on 29.02.2023 through direct bank payment. but still not received the balance in my bank. what should i do Now?? please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Direct to local bank transfers are processed within 4 business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

1,149 REPLIES 1,149
Kolawole E Community Member

Todays makes it 8days and 

Am still yet to receive the funds I need help in tracing the fund

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Kolawole,

Thank you for your patience regarding the delay in receiving your funds. I understand that you are referring to the Direct to Local bank fund withdrawal initiated on August 17th. Direct to Local bank transfer may take up to 4 business days to reach your bank. However, if the fund transfer does not reflect in your account after 8 business days which will be completed on August 29, we will be happy to initiate a trace for you. Please contact us on August 30th if the funds are still not reflected in your account.

- Pradeep

Bilal M Community Member

Hey guys! I had automatic withdrawal scheduled on my account and it sent funds to my account today but they have not been reflected yet in my bank account... I've read all the articles about Direct to Local Bank Transfers etc...

I called the bank but they transferred me to the Remittance Department and they said that they don't know, they asked me for the TT number (Transaction Number) but I couldn't find it so I gave the remittance customer support the reference ID that Upwork gives for the transaction.

They still couldn't find it, so I went on my phone Banking App and checked the section for remittances & it asked for TT number, I put the reference ID and then it's asking me for the Bank from which the transaction will be received...

Which bank does Upwork use for Direct to Local Funds Transfer so I can check?

MOHATHIR S Community Member

Hey Bilal, have you received the mail from upwork saying "your payment is processed" yet?

Bilal M Community Member

Nope! It just says that your payment has been initiated, but doesn't say processed.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Bilal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you already initiated the withdrawal but it has not been processed yet. 

In general, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to seven business days to arrive at your bank.

There is also a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
Bilal M Community Member

Alright, let's wait and see! Thanks Annie

Bilal M Community Member

Resolved. United Bank Limited takes 24-48 hours for processing and I have received the funds... Just wanna put it out here for those who might need help... If you're using UBL for Direct to Local Bank Funds Transfer then the Swift code will be UNILPKKA for Karachi for any branch. Thanks!

Nnamdi E Community Member

Since on 16th august I have been trying to make withdrawal to my local bank account. After a long time to process which was usual it will then be rejected, and the funds will be transfer back to my upwork account, while upwork keep deduction the charges This is unfair. Pls help me. Thanks

Hi Nnamdi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Nnamdi E Community Member

ok. Thanks. I hope it would be resolved

Seung-Yong K Community Member

Hello, Upwork community.

After the work. I checked the withdrawal pending is over.

And i still didn't get the money on my account yet.

In this case, should I wait more? Or is it because of I typed my bank account wrong?

Thank you.

SAIMA K Community Member

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand your concern regarding the pending withdrawal on your Upwork account.

If the withdrawal has been marked as completed on Upwork but you haven't received the funds in your local bank account yet, there could be a few reasons for the delay. Here's what you can do:

1. Check Bank Account Information: Double-check that you have entered your bank account details correctly in your Upwork payment settings. A small typo in the account number or other details could lead to a delay or non-delivery of funds.

2. Bank Processing Time: Different banks have varying processing times for receiving international transfers. It's possible that the funds are still in transit and will appear in your account within a few business days. Check with your bank to get an estimate of how long it might take.

3. Currency Conversion: If you're withdrawing funds in a currency different from your local currency, there might be a delay due to currency conversion processes. Sometimes, banks require additional time for such conversions.

4. Bank Holidays and Weekends: Keep in mind that bank processing times might be affected by holidays and weekends. If the withdrawal was initiated close to a non-working day, it might take a bit longer.

5. Contact Upwork Support: If you've waited for a reasonable amount of time and the funds still haven't arrived, consider reaching out to Upwork's customer support. They can investigate the situation and provide guidance on next steps.

6. Bank Communication: Contact your local bank to inquire about any incoming international transfers. Sometimes, banks might hold funds for additional verification, especially if it's an unusual transaction.

In the meantime, continue to monitor your bank account regularly to see if the funds appear. If they don't within a reasonable timeframe, I recommend contacting Upwork's support team for assistance. They should be able to help you track down the payment and provide guidance on resolving the issue.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best in getting this resolved. If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Seung-Yong,

I see that you are referring to the fund Direct to Local bank fund withdrawal initiated earlier today. Your withdrawal to your local bank account will be completed in four business days. If you don't see the funds in your account after eight business days, please contact us and we will help you resolve the issue. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

- Pradeep

Yousaf R Community Member

i withdraw my amount of $36 to my local bank account but i havenot recieved yet i have been more then 8 days before . i have attached a copy of my bank statement below please check and let me know the issue.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Balram D Community Member

its happen maybe because of unverified bank

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Yousaf,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the delay in receiving your funds. I see that you are referring to the Direct to Local bank fund withdrawal initiated on August 14th. Direct to Local bank transfer may take up to 4 business days to reach your bank. We will be happy to initiate a trace in case the fund transfer does not reflect in your account after 8 business days which will be completed on August 24. Feel free to reach us on August 25th if the funds are still not reflected in your account.

- Pradeep

Yacine H Community Member

Hi,

I withdrew money to my local account on the 12th of August. Usually it takes 1 or 2 days to reach me, or may be 3 days at most.

It's been now almost 12 days and I can't see anything in my account. The bank claims there is nothing in the system.

Is it possible to request from Upwork a transfer proof or some document that shows that the money left Upwork and is with my bank? I would then take it to the bank and make a big fuss.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Yacine,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you here with further assistance in tracing your funds.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Abdullahi Y Community Member

Hello, Upwork. I'm facing similar issues with my funds transferred to local bank has been rejected thrice. Please, what do I do??

Hi Abdullahi,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked on the transactions and it looks like your bank is rejecting them. Could you please contact your local bank and inquire about the reason for rejecting the transaction?

~ AJ
Upwork
David O Community Member

Hello, 

I made a withdrawal using direct to local account on August 29th 2023 around 1:01 am. I got a payment confirmation email, but I'm yet to get a payment processed follow-up mail.

Is there a problem? Would appreciate a quick response. Thanks.

Dmytro D Community Member

Hi, David. It's a better way for a quick response by clicking 'Support'. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi David,

I checked the fund withdrawal you are referring to and noticed that the withdrawal has been successfully processed on your Upwork account. Also, the payment processed notification has been already sent out to the registered email address. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Muhammad Sohaib S Community Member

Hello, I received an email from Upwork,

"Hi Muhammad Sohaib,

As per your payment schedule, we have initiated payment of $180.22 from Upwork via Direct to Local Bank transfer account.

Contact Upwork Support if this payment was not authorized.

Thanks,

The Upwork Team"

I don't want to transaction right now, there is any way to cancel this transaction to my local bank, because till now I didn't received the payment in my local bank account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths