🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
jacekdev
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hey,

After week of withdraw, ( 2 days after expected day of delivery ), I don't get a payment. In bottom email about payment status there is info: "If you did not initiate this payment, please contact us immediately." 
So I ask there on forum, because I have not found any contact form on UpWork.

I am not sure why it take so long, my eariler payment was in time.
If is there is some support for payment can I ask for email contact or how that works there..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Claramarie,

It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

791 REPLIES 791
prabeshparajuli
Community Member

Hello Upwork, 

I had posted yesterday as well about this issue. I withdrew two payments on July 4 morning and July 5 morning Nepali local time. They were processed from Upwork and I still did not receive one payment in my bank account. 

The payment which I withdrew on July 5 morning is just deposited in my bank account but the payment I withdrew on July 4 is still not deposited. 

Kindly let me know. 

Best Regards

Prabesh

Hi Prabesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork
amir_bashir
Community Member

Hi there, 

Today is the 7th business day since I withdrew available funds from my Upwork account. However, the funds have neither returned to my Upwork wallet nor have they reached my bank account.  Here's the REF ID: 489598802

Please help

Are my funds lost?

Asking this from Upwork representatives so that I can prepare for any eventuality. The last 8 days have been terrible for me

Dear Amir, Your withdrawal of available funds from your Upwork wallet to your local bank has already been debited from your available funds, as you have specified. Therefore, I believe your main point of contact should be your local bank.

Hi Pranto,  

I've talked to my bank more than half a dozen times over the past 8 days. They have told me no transaction has arrived. So it is clearly Upwork and the bank they use for sending money that has to do something about this. As under banking rules the sender bank has the responsibility to deposit the funds in the receiver's account.

Hi Amir,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees. Feel free to reach us after 8 business days in case you do not receive funds in your bank account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Tomorrow will be the 8th business day Pradeep. 

Hi Amir,

Arjay here stepping in for Pradeep. I certainly understand your frustration and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. As Pradeep mentioned in his response,  feel free to reach us after 8 business days in case you do not receive funds in your bank account and we'll be more than willing to initiate a trace for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
51bc734f
Community Member

Hello, 

The withdrawal that was made from my Upwork account on June 29th has not been received in my local bank account. My bank has instructed me to contact Upwork to trace the missing payment. Could you please help me resolve this issue? I look forward to your response. Thank you.

Hi Jessica,

It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
charlesobison
Community Member

I made a transfer to my ACH account yesterday, up till this moment I haven't seen the money in my ACH account. How long does it take for money transferred to ACH reflect in one's ACH account? 

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
amir_bashir
Community Member

On Monday 27, I withdrew funds from my Upwork account. 

Today, after the passage of 8 business days, which Upwork says is the time you must wait before requesting a trace initiation, I got in touch with the team. 

That is when the problem began. 

The support agent told me that I have to wait 24 hours more to hear from Upwork's finance team. That means a day on top of the 8 business days. Worse, the support agent told me that they couldn't give me a date for how long the trace will take to complete. 

Now, my question is: IS UPWORK INSENSITIVE TO THE NEEDS OF FREELANCERS? I have waited patiently for 8 days. Yet here is Upwork telling me that they don't know whether it will take days/weeks/months/years for them to locate my funds and return them to me. 

Very disappointed. 

I'm very worried about my funds. I'm a full-time freelancer with no day job and rely on the funds for my subsistence. For Upwork to effectively say that they don't know when my funds will reach my account is really, really insensitive. 

Hi Amir,

I'm sorry to hear your funds did not reach your account as expected. I checked and it looks like you were able to contact our team via chat. Please keep in mind, that they are unable to advise on specifics about tracing funds since that is not their area of expertise. Once the financial team reaches out to you, they'll be able to advise further. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea,

I got in touch with the support yesterday. The agent told me that someone from the finance team would contact me in the next 24 hours 

However, I'm yet to receive an email from anyone. The ticket shows "open" status but is assigned to nobody. 

Could you please look into this and help initiate the trace? As it's been nearly 24 hours since I made the trace request.

Transaction ID: 4366183375848881

Ticket request number: 35890628

Thanks!

aimanosi-baker
Community Member

Hello Avery I have waited for 8 business days and my funds was due for 5th of july

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aimanosi,

Arjay here stepping in for Avery. I have checked your withdrawal and it was successful on our end. As Avery mentioned in this thread, Direct to Local Bank transfers take between 2 to 5 business days and we can only initiate a trace for you after 8 business days if it hasn't been reflected on your bank account. Can you please provide me the Reference ID for the transaction you're referring to so we can proceed accordingly? We look forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hello all Upwork Community. I have getting paid method to ACH "wise" transfer. I just tried request payment for the first time with using this method. I wonder when will it come to my wise account? I just requested 20$ of my earnings at 10.07.22 and still waiting it if appears in my account. Thank you for your help. 

Hi Mehmet,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have initiated a fund withdrawal using Direct to Local bank fund transfer. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Mr.Pradeep ,

I want to clear out something. I did not use "Direct to Local Bank" method recently. I just tried "Direct to U.S. Bank (USD)" . So my question is not about with direct to local bank transfer it's about direct to US bank. I've added the screenshot about my withdraw. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello all Upwork Community. I have getting paid method to ACH "wise" transfer. I just tried request payment for the first time with using this method. I wonder when will it come to my wise account? I just requested 20$ of my earnings as a try at 10.07.22 and still waiting it if appears in my account. Yesterday I opened a topic about this problem but I'm not satisfied with the answer because firstly I did not try transfer to local bank at all, I just tried to ACH method. Direct to US bank. So I don't want to get answers about local bank method. Also I want to track the transfer. Please consider my problem and solve together. Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mehmet,

Thank you for following up. Please know that ACH transfers in general can take up to 5 business days with processing times varying widely from bank to bank. If you don't receive your funds after that, feel free to let us know so we can initiate a trace. For more information please see this help article. 

~ AJ
Upwork
b860a642
Community Member

Hi, I hope I can get some help on my issue as well.

On the 29th of June, I got an email confirming that Upwork had processed my request to deposit payment in my local bank. The expected delivery was 30 June - 5 July. I take into account the bank holiday for 4th of July as well as two weekends. However, even after this, it has been almost 8 business days now and I have not received my payment.

Could I get some help on this?

Thanks, Sapna.

Hi Sapna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dcd5ad2a
Community Member

Hello Goran
I'm encountering the same issue where I used the 'direct to local bank option' to withdraw my funds on 1st July,2022 but didn't receive them as of today i.e 12th july,2022. I would like to request a payment trace.

hoping for a response
thank you

Hi Ambica,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. In your case, please follow up on this thread if you still don't have the funds by Thursday, July 14.

~ AJ
Upwork
metropolisdesk
Community Member

Hi Upwork, 

I made a transaction to my local bank account from july 4th and I had received an email from upwork saying that the expected day for delivery were between july the 5th and 7th.

I contact my bank support this morning and they say they didn't recieve any transaction

This is the fourth time I proceed with the same transaction process without having any issues except for this time.

Kindly, Can you trace my payment.

Thank you

Kind Regards, 

Hi Upwork, 

I made a transaction to my local bank account from july 4th and I had received an email from upwork saying that the expzcted day for delivery were between july the 5th and 7th.

This is the fourth time I proceed with the same transaction process without having any issues except for this time.

Kindly, Can you trace my payment.

Thank you

Kind Regards, 

I also contact my bank support this morning and they say they didn't recieve any transaction.

Kindly, Procced with tracing my paymant.

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us.Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees. Feel free to reach us after 8 business days in case you do not receive funds in your bank account.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your reply Annie.

I will be waiting until thursday to see. 

Hello Annie Jane,

I didn't recieve paymant in my local bank account and it's 8 days now from the date I have made the transaction. 

I can let you know the details of the bank in the middle which I had recieve my latest transaction from upwork so You can check with them.

Kindly, Proceed with opening a ticket for a trace checking.

Kind Regards,

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

Please know that we can't initiate traces until after 8 business days have passed. Since today would be the 8th business day, we still need to allow for the possibility that the funds arrive today. If you still haven't received the funds by tomorrow please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, 

Thank you for your reply.

There will be no transaction can happen after 2:00 PM as bank are closed right now (summer time)

I strongly believe that the money is in hold by the bank in the middle for cheacking or something else. 

Hey Andrea,

Finally, I've recieved today my funds.

Thank you for your patience 

Hi Mohamed,

Great news! Thank you for letting us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
trojaxx
Community Member

I requested for a withdrawal on the 4th of July till this date, I haven't received my earnings.

Please I need to trace the money

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Samuel,

Please note that It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths