🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
Muhammad H Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number but wrote the postal code in place of the postcode. Yesterday, I made a transaction but still have not received any payment. 

Please guide me. Is it a delay due to bank holidays, or is the payment transferred to another account? 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Hussain.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

568 REPLIES 568
Utku S Community Member

Hi Maggy,

Please note that international bank transfers can take anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks to be processed, depending on the banks involved and the transaction volume. As your client is based in the US, it's possible that the delay is due to the international nature of the transfer.

Before reaching out to Upwork, I would recommend you to:

- Double-check your bank account details in your Upwork account to ensure they are accurate.

- Verify with your local bank to see if there are any pending transactions or if they have any information on the transfer status.

If you still haven't received your payment or any updates after checking these, you can contact Upwork's Customer Support for assistance. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Upwork account.

2. Click on the question mark icon (?) located in the top-right corner of the page.

3. From the drop-down menu, click on "Get Help" to access the Help Center.

4. Scroll down and click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

5. Fill in the form with the relevant details and submit your query. Upwork's support
team will get back to you via email or chat, depending on your preference.

Remember that Upwork's support team might take some time to respond due to the high volume of requests, but they will do their best to help you resolve the issue.

In the meantime, you can continue working on your gig as the delay in payment is likely temporary and not indicative of a recurring issue.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with resolving your payment issue.

Hamza H Community Member

Hi All,

I hope all are fine and doing well. I notice from last 2 weeks my funds are arriving too late in my local bank as compared to the past experience. Usually I received Upwork process email within  1 hour after withdraw request. In today case 10 hours goes but still not received processed payments email from Upwork. Please assist me with that. Thanks 

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork
Hamza H Community Member

Hi, I know funds take time to arrive in a local bank. But my concern is I did not receive a payment processed email from Upwork that usually i received within 1 hour. So when Upwork process my payment then i will receive it in my account. 

Sajjad J Community Member

Hello Hamza.

You are also facing the same problem for the last 2 weeks, Same here , I don't know whats going on with upwork, Do you have any Idea?

Hey there Upwork

Yesterday I made a transaction from Upwork on 22nd March to my local bank account but I haven't received it yet in my bank account.

This never happened to me before, where ever I make a transaction from Upwork, it transfers the amount within 5 to 6 hours, but this time is been 4 days, and I didn't get the amount yet. Upwork also says it takes 4 business days to transfer funds and it's already been 4 days still I haven't received it.

Please I am curious, let me know how can I trace my payment using reference no, or should I wait more?

Kind regards Sajjad

Hi Sajjad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for Replying Annie, 

It's already been 5 days and still, I haven't received the funds, Could you please track my payments using the referral number or something? 

I am looking forward to Upwork support. 

Kind regards

Sajjad

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sajjad,

Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

Feel free to check this help article for more information.

~ Nikola
Flo C Community Member

Hi,

It's been over 24 hours since I received the payment processed confirmation email but funds are not yet credited to my local bank. Called my bank but there's no pending remittance/transfer. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Flo,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Julleona M Community Member

Hi I have requested for a payment by 5:59 p.m. (Philippines Time) and good thing that I have received the payment notification. However, I haven't still yet received the second email, "The payment has been processed". It has been 5 days, usually I receive the notification monday evening after the request on Saturday and receive the money next day by 11 -12:00 a.m. 

Please help me on this one.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Julleona,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Adeel A Community Member

I did not receive payment from Upwork. It's my first withdrawal from Upwork, and I received a payment processing email on March 26th. It's been six days, but I have not received my payment. I called my bank, and they said there is no payment, but my account works perfectly

Muhammad U Community Member

wait for 8 business days and then contact Upwork support for payment trace..i been facing this issue for a month now on a payment..So, be patient.

Mina N Community Member

Hello,

I have been waiting for two payments, Direct to my Local Bank in Canada. These were processed on March 21st and 25th respectively.

Neither payment has reached. The first payment, reference ID 567094643, has had 8 business days pass and the money has still not been received.

I am attaching a copy of my bank statement showing no money was received durintg that time.

I need urgent help with initiating a trace for this payment. Ref ID: 567094643

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Mina,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Kacey Victor B Community Member

Hello.

I withdrew my funds about 10 to 11 hours ago and I received my, "Payment Confirmation" email shortly after like I usually do, However Upwork has still not processed my payment and neither have I received the eMail or the notification that says, "Your Payment Has Been Processed" which I normally get after an hour or two.

This has never happened before and I'm really concerned about this. What's going on?

Mykola A Community Member

Delays possible. I have delayng for day couple of times. Keep eye for email, you will be informed when done or some issues.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths