🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

771 REPLIES 771
5795ce1c
Community Member

I have an account in upwork but when I try to log in, it asks me for a verification code that is never sent neither by text message nor email. I already checked the spam folder. I had to create this new account only to be able to write here for support.

Hi Vicente,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
5d724dcb
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number and it will not go past the code. Now it won't even resend the code at all. 

What do I do?

Kirstie,

Most computer systems are programmed for 3 tries within 24 hours. Try again tomorrow and this time type the code and don't copy / paste because extra invisible characters can be picked up. Have an awesome day!

Hi Kirstie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
80d8f36e
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Hi Asif,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties receiving a verification code via text. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2527915d
Community Member

Greetings all,

I am not receiving the text verification code that is needed to create a new account. Have others encountered this issue? Unfotunately, this means I can't complete my profile. 

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f49dd624
Community Member

I am having the same issue, and it's actually VERY aggravating! I just want to use your site, and this CONSTANT txt verification with NO other options to verify is a complete UI hindrance. Please have some discussions with your security team as a lease needs to be put on them to discover what's keeping people safe and what is just a stupid and plain to see obstacle that by the comments here,....A LOT of your users are having issues with. 

Hi Will,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while verifying your phone and thank you for sharing your feedback. I will be sure to share this with our team. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
2b5828f8
Community Member

Hello,

I am attempting to complete the last step in setting up my account, but I am not receiving a verification code via text. I have attempted multiple times and it is still not coming through. It seems like many others have had the same problem, where can I get support with this issue?

Thanks

Michael,

Go to your Settings and double check you have the right phone number listed versus a typo. Have a great day!

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a email as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ef7fbf10
Community Member

I am setting up my profile but am not getting the code to have my phone number verfied. Help please.

Hi Portia,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble receiving the verification code. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8896d5e4
Community Member

I clicked send text message multiple times on the mobile app on IOS and it didn't work. I am on my laptop now and clicked on the website and still haven't received a text message verification.

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Arjay, I am having the same issue.

Thank you,

Shawheen

Hi Shawheen,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties receiving the verification code. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here. once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Tommy, 

Double check your Settings to make sure that your phone number was not mistyped on Upwork. Have a great day!

736e5294
Community Member

Im not receiving any SMS to verify my phone. how do i resolve this?

Hello Suhrab K,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble receiving SMS verification messages from Upwork. In this case, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your phone number: Make sure that the phone number you've entered in your Upwork profile is correct and up to date. If it's incorrect, update your phone number and try again.
  2. Check your phone's settings: Make sure that your phone is set up to receive SMS messages, and that there are no blocking settings that may be preventing the messages from coming through.
  3. Contact Upwork support: If you're still having trouble after checking your phone number and settings, you can reach out to Upwork support for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide additional guidance on how to proceed.

It's important to note that phone verification is a requirement for using Upwork, and failure to complete the verification process may result in limitations on your account. Therefore, it's important to ensure that you're able to successfully complete the verification process.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Usama I.

Hi Suhrab,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
a7171a01
Community Member

Perhaps the Support is all on lunch today... who knows.  But I've received several emails to 'verify' my new Upwork account, and the phone number verif doesn't work. I've had other profile on Upwork before, so I know what I'm doing.  Please shed some light on this?

Hi Leanette,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
a7171a01
Community Member

There has been zero support follow up to my ticket since it posted weeks ago.  Any suggestions?  Please advise.  Thank you

Hi Leanette,

Thank you for the follow-up and I'm sorry to learn that this has not been resolved yet. I can see that you've already raised a follow-up support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update on that ticket within 24-8 hours. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Sorry. did you resolve this issue?

Issue NOT RESOLVED
1a141f51
Community Member

On "A few last details, then you can check and publish your profile." I have put in my phone number and received no text

Hi Casey,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
1a141f51
Community Member

ticket_state.png

de1c5c07
Community Member

I am not receiving the confirmation phone number from Upwork. I have tried over 15 times. Why?

Hi Savannah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
466e292e
Community Member

Hello, writing to let you know that I'm having some trouble completing the signup process because I haven't received the SMS verification code required for registration. I've double-checked my phone number and it's correct, and I'm able to receive SMS messages from other people without any issues. But for some reason, I'm not receiving any verification code from your service despite several attempts. Would you be able to help me out with this? Thanks in advance for your help.

didn't receive a text message verification code as well 

Hi Amanda,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Billy,

~Andrea
Upwork
961f9124
Community Member

Hello, I already have a client account and I am now I am trying to set up a freelance account. I am trying to verify my phone number so I can complete my account creation, but I haven't received the code. It has been over an hour.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths