🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

771 REPLIES 771
89982b5c
Community Member

I have attempted several times to verify my phone number but no codes are being received on my cell phone. Meanwhile, I have recieved text messages from others. Can someone from support contact me about this issue?

Thanks,

Ryan Watin

Hi Ryan,

I took a closer look and can confirm that your phone number has been verified. Your profile has been accepted as well, so you can now start submitting proposals to potential clients in the marketplace. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b8f66e9d
Community Member

The registration prompt informs me I need to enter a phone number in order to text me a security code. I don't own a smartphone.

Hi Doris,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aadamowicz
Community Member

Description of the Issue:

I am writing to seek assistance with a critical issue I am experiencing regarding my Upwork account. Recently, I attempted to check my PIN for verification purposes, but I received an error message stating, "You attempted to check your PIN too many times. Please contact support."

Steps Taken:

I have made several attempts to resolve this issue, including:

1. Contacting Upwork Support through the provided channels.
  2. Searching the Upwork Help Center for solutions related to this problem.
  3. Ensuring that my login credentials are correct.

Problem Persisting:

Despite my efforts, I have not been able to resolve this issue, and I remain locked out of my account. I am concerned about the impact this is having on my ability to use Upwork for freelance work, and I would appreciate your urgent assistance in resolving this matter.

Request:

I kindly request that you investigate this issue promptly and provide me with a solution to regain access to my Upwork account. I rely on Upwork for my freelance work, and the current situation is causing significant disruption to my business.

Please reach out to me as soon as possible via email with instructions on how to resolve this PIN verification issue or any additional information you may need from me to assist in this matter.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter, and I look forward to a swift resolution.

Sincerely,

Astrid A.

Hi Astrid,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
281ee445
Community Member

Hi, ive hit the send code button and havent recived a code in hours. hit so many times i cant get a code for 24 hours now. can someone reach out to me to solve this issue please

Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out.

I have forwarded your concern to our support team so that it can receive the attention it requires. You will receive an update as soon as possible. You can check for a response here.

Regards,

~ Johnabi

thanks i appreciate you

acb08269
Community Member

I am trying to set up my freelancer profile but I have not received the code to my mobile phone to verify me. 

I have tried contacting support but I am having no luck. EverytimeI try to raise a ticket the bot then says error please refresh. 

Is there anyone on here from UPwork that can help me?

Thank you

I'm having the same issue. There's no way to raise a ticket for me either .. it just shows an error page. 

Please can someone contact me too?

Thanks

Hello Leonie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support ticket here.

~ Joan

Hello Ejiro,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support ticket here.

~ Joan
e4a826f1
Community Member

Hi, Ive inserted the correct country calling code and mobile number but still nothing arrives when I try to verify my telephone number.  I cannot apply for any jobs this way and this is frustrating.

HJow do I get around this?

Liam

Hello, Please double-check your mobile number again. You might have entered the code of your country before your mobile number. Mobile verification will be done in a few seconds. You can check the countries that cannot work with the app in the terms and conditions section. Good luck

Art Director
digital monster

I AM GRAPHIC DESIGNER 

CAN YOU HELP 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

No it still doesnt work.  I have the area code (UK) +44 automatically inserted from the location I have provided then insert my mobile number with the first 0 removed.

Hello Liam! A ticket has been created already and forwarded to our support team for assistance.

Here's the ticket link for your reference.  Thank you. 

~ Ruth

Hi Liam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
Community Member

Please can somebody assist with this as I cannot verify my phone number due to not receiving the code, and the chatbot has been no help at all, thanks.

Hi Kate,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3cc1f4cc
Community Member

I am facing Whatsapp otp verification code please solve this problems

Hi Shoaib,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties receiving the verification code. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance on that.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5af740b5
Community Member

I am trying to apply for a project, but I am not receiving the code. I was prompted to verify my identity, which I did, but code is still not being sent to my number. I pressed resend the code because I wasn;t receiving it and now it says I attempted to change my pin too many time. 

Hi Hana,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c96ab72c
Community Member

Hi there, 

I'm trying to register but I'm not receiving the SMS with the code. I tried from different browsers and devices and nothing seems to work. Can someone help me with that?

Hi Veronica,

~ AJ
Upwork
fcf5891f
Community Member

Hi,

I have just joined upwork and I am trying to create my profile. At the end of that process is a form to enter my address and my phone number, which I've completed. When I click the 'Send Code' button beside the phone number box, a dialog box appears, into which I am supposed to enter the code that I have received. The problem is that I never receive the code and I cannot complete my profile without verifying the phone number.

The number is a working UK mobile number and I've tried it multiple times, both with and without the leading '0'. I tried more than the maximum number of times yesterday so I have had to wait 24 hours to try again, but it is still not working.

I have tried the chatbot, which has been of no assistance. None of its suggested solutions have been relevant and I cannot get it to connect me to a human, no matter how many times I indicate that I still need assistance. Can somebody please help me with this?

Many thanks,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while verifying your phone number. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
alamanou_ellicia
Community Member

I have entered my number to verify my account but have not received any codes at all? Tried sending a message from another phone and I received it so not sure why this one isn't coming through

Don't try too many times at once. Once you receive the codes (previous ones), then try again.

Thanks! I've only done it 3 times. I am overseas so not sure if that makes a difference but im receiving all other messages with no issues. 

Hi Ellicia,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your phone number. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
77306df2
Community Member

Hi. I just signed up and receive a request to verify my phone number (UK). Tried multiple times but didn't receive any code via SMS. Changed it to my partners' phone and still not receiving any code. Please help! Thanks. 

Hi Mongchee,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
89c785c8
Community Member

Hi there, 

I'm trying to complete verification, but I'm not a) able to find / input my address - not recognised? and b) I am not receiving the verification code to my mobile phone.

Please assist?

Many thanks,

Sandi

Hi Sandi,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties receiving the code to complete the phone verification. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
68df9583
Community Member

I have a French number and I did not receive the SMS to verify. Please offer a work around.

Hi Tianchan,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble verifying your phone number. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9f02e5c2
Community Member

I signed up as a freelancer last night but the security code is not being sent to my mobile no matter how many times I try. The format is +44 and I tried with +447 or +4407 and no luck. Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

9f02e5c2_0-1695999198281.png

Adriana Bataraga
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths